From: RichA on
A Leica M9M???? I'd rather have a DSLR with modular sensor packs.

http://www.luminous-landscape.com/essays/hogan-leica.shtml

From: Bruce on
On Tue, 26 Jan 2010 22:22:57 -0800 (PST), RichA <rander3127(a)gmail.com>
wrote:

>A Leica M9M???? I'd rather have a DSLR with modular sensor packs.
>
>http://www.luminous-landscape.com/essays/hogan-leica.shtml

There is no doubt that there would be a reasonable demand (by Leica
standards) for such a camera. The question is, would there be
sufficient demand to justify the development cost?

It was originally planned to introduce a monochrome version of the
Kodak DCS Pro 14n, but it was withdrawn. Perhaps something could be
learned from the reasons why Kodak decided not to continue with it?

From: nospam on
In article <qi21m5pqc1ldb15gd20nkaf2o4gaeqfmph(a)4ax.com>, Bruce
<docnews2011(a)gmail.com> wrote:

> It was originally planned to introduce a monochrome version of the
> Kodak DCS Pro 14n, but it was withdrawn.

source?

> Perhaps something could be
> learned from the reasons why Kodak decided not to continue with it?

too few people for it to be profitable. they tried it before too.