From: Henry Olson on
On Sat, 12 Jun 2010 21:49:16 -0400, tony cooper
<tony_cooper213(a)earthlink.net> wrote:

>On Sat, 12 Jun 2010 21:07:16 -0400, "Peter"
><peternew(a)nospamoptonline.net> wrote:
>
>>OK. Yes, I just got confused between the two. I am down to three candidates.
>>I must get it done within the next few days as we have a planned trip to
>>shoot puffins, next weekend.
>
>Is a hunting permit required? Is there a bag limit? Any recipes?

When living in remote areas of the Everglades for many months I often
wondered why there's no recipes for Vultures. Some of them would browse not
more than a few feet from where I would sit at my campsite. It would be
easy to just reach out and grab their necks. Locals claimed the reason was
that vultures only eat carrion and this would make them unfit for human
consumption. Yet I have photographic proof that they eat live fish most of
the morning. Catching them just like any crane or other wading bird.
There's lots of animals that we use for food that only eat dead things. In
fact humans themselves are mostly carrion eaters (aside from the few that
relish sashimi, sushi, and tartare recipes). Why are Vultures off the
table? When back in civilization I searched the net for Vulture recipes,
but the only thing I found was joke recipes. Has nobody ever tried them?
Where they are plentiful I'd think they'd be a better source of holiday
dinners than turkeys. They're about the same size with huge flight-muscles.