From: Tony on
I have 2 Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo 160 Gb White Imac
Memorey is 2 Gb 667 Mhz DDR2 SDRAM

I thinks its time to upgrade. Here are my questions...

Can I go right up to Snow Leopard?
Is there a way I can keep all my files folders pictures and music and
have it be there after I upgrade?

All answers are very appreciated. I am a newbie when it comes to these
things...
From: dorayme on
In article
<305053e0-2b8a-4e04-8adb-3332b79e258a(a)t5g2000prd.googlegroups.com
Tony <henree21(a)gmail.com> wrote:

> I have 2 Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo 160 Gb White Imac
> Memorey is 2 Gb 667 Mhz DDR2 SDRAM
>
> I thinks its time to upgrade. Here are my questions...
>
> Can I go right up to Snow Leopard?

Yes.

<http://www.apple.com/macosx/specs.html>

> Is there a way I can keep all my files folders pictures and music and
> have it be there after I upgrade?

Probably mostly, yes.

I would recommend a clean install and worry about importing the
old stuff as a next step. Make sure to make a tried and tested
separate disk (external is safest) of the hard disk as you have
it now. Then you can use Migrant Assistant to bring in what you
want. You have a backup if anything goes wrong.

--
dorayme
From: Mike Rosenberg on
Tony <henree21(a)gmail.com> wrote:

> I have 2 Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo 160 Gb White Imac
> Memorey is 2 Gb 667 Mhz DDR2 SDRAM
>
> I thinks its time to upgrade. Here are my questions...
>
> Can I go right up to Snow Leopard?

Yes.

> Is there a way I can keep all my files folders pictures and music and
> have it be there after I upgrade?

Yes. In fact, you would have to go out of your way to prevent this from
happening.

--
My latest dance routines:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kkxGQmTvctc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MTajUBrlA6c
From: Tony on
The Apple website says I have to get the Mac Box Set is this true?
From: JF Mezei on
Tony wrote:
> The Apple website says I have to get the Mac Box Set is this true?

Apple's business practices say you have to buy the box set if you are
not at Leopard.

Some of the Snow Leopard upgrade DVDs did not enforce this business
decision.

But doing it the "legal" way means to have one upgrade to do, so it
saves you time.
 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Prev: Console question