From: Norm on
I do appreciate everyones help but I have to try and explain the whole
problem again so its clear and someone might be able to help, I'm having a
hard time getting from my head to the question box,
I am trying to create an actual v. planned
report in excel:
Here is the scenario:
Our drivers have a standing appointment at the stores
We are considered "Early" if we arrive more than 15 mins before the
appointment
We are considered "Late" if we arrive more than 30 mins after the appointment

So our "On Time"delivery window is 15 mins before and 30 mins after the
appointment.

I will enter the EST time and ACTUAL time manually I need a formula to
calculate the varience between the two times as well
I want a column to show if the driver was "Late" , "Early" or "Ontime" I
have attached a screen shot of the manual table.

A B C
ActualArrival Time Est Arrival Time Variance
23:26 0:26 0 on time
22:25 0:26 0 on time
0:10 0:26 0 on time
23:26 0:27 0 on time

Cheers!!!
From: Ron Rosenfeld on
On Fri, 21 May 2010 08:43:01 -0700, Norm <Norm(a)discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:

>I do appreciate everyones help but I have to try and explain the whole
>problem again so its clear and someone might be able to help, I'm having a
>hard time getting from my head to the question box,
> I am trying to create an actual v. planned
>report in excel:
>Here is the scenario:
>Our drivers have a standing appointment at the stores
>We are considered "Early" if we arrive more than 15 mins before the
>appointment
>We are considered "Late" if we arrive more than 30 mins after the appointment
>
>So our "On Time"delivery window is 15 mins before and 30 mins after the
>appointment.
>
>I will enter the EST time and ACTUAL time manually I need a formula to
>calculate the varience between the two times as well
>I want a column to show if the driver was "Late" , "Early" or "Ontime" I
>have attached a screen shot of the manual table.
>
> A B C
>ActualArrival Time Est Arrival Time Variance
>23:26 0:26 0 on time
>22:25 0:26 0 on time
>0:10 0:26 0 on time
>23:26 0:27 0 on time
>
>Cheers!!!

It would be more helpful if you had responded to the original suggestions in
your original thread. It saves people time in trying to help you, and in
repeating suggestions that did not work.

What was the problem with my suggestion that you enter both dates and times,
and use the 1904 date system to display negative times?

--ron
From: Norm on

"Ron Rosenfeld" wrote:

> On Fri, 21 May 2010 08:43:01 -0700, Norm <Norm(a)discussions.microsoft.com>
> wrote:
>
> >I do appreciate everyones help but I have to try and explain the whole
> >problem again so its clear and someone might be able to help, I'm having a
> >hard time getting from my head to the question box,
> > I am trying to create an actual v. planned
> >report in excel:
> >Here is the scenario:
> >Our drivers have a standing appointment at the stores
> >We are considered "Early" if we arrive more than 15 mins before the
> >appointment
> >We are considered "Late" if we arrive more than 30 mins after the appointment
> >
> >So our "On Time"delivery window is 15 mins before and 30 mins after the
> >appointment.
> >
> >I will enter the EST time and ACTUAL time manually I need a formula to
> >calculate the varience between the two times as well
> >I want a column to show if the driver was "Late" , "Early" or "Ontime" I
> >have attached a screen shot of the manual table.
> >
> > A B C
> >ActualArrival Time Est Arrival Time Variance
> >23:26 0:26 0 on time
> >22:25 0:26 0 on time
> >0:10 0:26 0 on time
> >23:26 0:27 0 on time
> >
> >Cheers!!!
>
> It would be more helpful if you had responded to the original suggestions in
> your original thread. It saves people time in trying to help you, and in
> repeating suggestions that did not work.
>
> What was the problem with my suggestion that you enter both dates and times,
> and use the 1904 date system to display negative times?
>
> --ron
> .
> Yes I realize splitting the thread wastes time and i apoligize. I was asked to add another part to this the "early late on time " part so I redid the whole thread...
I did have a problem using the 1904 date system mostly because I have no
knowledge of how that works or is set up
Cheers!!
From: EricG on
I you can include the date, this is what you get:
A B C
Actual Est Variance Status
5/20/10 23:26 5/21/10 0:26 60 Early
5/20/10 22:25 5/21/10 0:26 121 Early
5/21/10 0:10 5/21/10 0:36 26 On Time
5/21/10 1:56 5/20/10 23:02 -174 Late
5/21/10 1:56 5/21/10 1:45 -11 On Time

Formula in C2: =(B2-A2)*24*60 (format as number, NOT as time!)
Formula in D2: =IF(AND(C2>-15,C2<30),"On Time",IF(C2<=-15,"Late","Early"))

Is this what you're trying to achieve?

HTH,

Eric

From: Norm on
These two worked for me ,Thank You..... but I wanted to not have to enter the
date as well , the times will come from another program that exports them to
Excel and the idea was to cut and paste them in