From: Dana on
Hi,

My server is always about 12 minutes behind. Where does it get its time
from, the bios? How (exactly) can I synch with an outside source for
perfect accuracy?

Thx,

From: Larry Struckmeyer[SBS-MVP] on
Hi Dana:

Try this:

To sync the server to an Atomic clock on the internet:

w32tm /config /manualpeerlist:time.nist.gov,0x8 /syncfromflags:MANUAL
net stop w32time
net start w32time
w32tm /resync /nowait

and make sure the Time service has been started on the server. If you run
these commands and you see that time service is restarted everything should
be ok on the server.

Larry
-Please post the resolution to your issue so others may benefit.
-Get Your SBS Health Check at www.sbsbpa.com

From: Dana on
Hi Larry,

Worked perfect, thx so much. What if the server reboots?

BTW, where are all the other newsgroups? In OE none of the server or office
newsgroups show up in my list ( I did reset it). Nor can I find any Win7
newsgroups. Should I be looking elsewhere?

From: kj [SBS MVP] on
Dana wrote:
> Hi Larry,
>
> Worked perfect, thx so much. What if the server reboots?
>
> BTW, where are all the other newsgroups? In OE none of the server or
> office newsgroups show up in my list ( I did reset it). Nor can I
> find any Win7 newsgroups. Should I be looking elsewhere?

Newsgroups hosted by Microsoft are on their final days. Most have already
been retired. Everything is moving to "Forums" and suggest looking here for
SBS and a launching spot for others you may want.

--
Please visit Microsoft SBS Technet Forum;
http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/smallbusinessserver/threads--/kj>>> "Larry Struckmeyer[SBS-MVP]" <lstruckmeyer(a)mis-wizards.com> wrote in> message news:4e6835151cb118ccf7e2df1c1f2f(a)news.microsoft.com...>> Hi Dana:>>>> Try this:>> To sync the server to an Atomic clock on the internet:>>>> w32tm /config /manualpeerlist:time.nist.gov,0x8 /syncfromflags:MANUAL>> net stop w32time>> net start w32time>> w32tm /resync /nowait>>>> and make sure the Time service has been started on the server. If>> you run these commands and you see that time service is restarted>> everything should be ok on the server.>>>> Larry>> -Please post the resolution to your issue so others may benefit.>> -Get Your SBS Health Check at www.sbsbpa.com>>>>>>> Hi,>>>>>> My server is always about 12 minutes behind. Where does it get its>>> time from, the bios? How (exactly) can I synch with an outside>>> source for perfect accuracy?>>>>>> Thx,>>>>>> D--/kj