From: win on
To view the data in a grid using the method refresh the grid with
timer.
And 'can display data without using a timer, but sending them to the
source without refreshing?

The data to be displayed are inserted into a MySQL database.

The grid is updated with a reference count. Whenever I question the
counter to see if new records have arrived.

I can indicate an 'alternative?

Thank you.
From: sloan on

Try reading through this article:

Comparing the Timer Classes in the .NET Framework Class Library

"win" <wintelreport(a)gmail.com> wrote in message
> To view the data in a grid using the method refresh the grid with
> timer.
> And 'can display data without using a timer, but sending them to the
> source without refreshing?
>
> The data to be displayed are inserted into a MySQL database.
>
> The grid is updated with a reference count. Whenever I question the
> counter to see if new records have arrived.
>
> I can indicate an 'alternative?
>
> Thank you.

Pages: 1
Prev: Alternatively the timer.