From: M-M on
From about 300 ft @ 1500mm:

http://www.mhmyers.com/d80/DSC_24255w.jpg

--
m-m
http://www.mhmyers.com
From: Mike Warren on
M-M wrote:

>From about 300 ft @ 1500mm:
>
>http://www.mhmyers.com/d80/DSC_24255w.jpg

LOL! Egrets are one of my favourite subjects.

--
- Mike
From: DanP on
On Aug 8, 11:57 pm, M-M <nospam....(a)ny.more> wrote:
> From about 300 ft @ 1500mm:
>
> http://www.mhmyers.com/d80/DSC_24255w.jpg
>
> --
> m-mhttp://www.mhmyers.com

Given the circumstances this is the best you could get.
Not bad.

DanP
From: Superzooms Still Win on
On Mon, 9 Aug 2010 02:45:21 +0000 (UTC), "Mike Warren"
<miwa-not-this-bit(a)or-this-csas.net.au> wrote:

>M-M wrote:
>
>>From about 300 ft @ 1500mm:
>>
>>http://www.mhmyers.com/d80/DSC_24255w.jpg
>
>LOL! Egrets are one of my favourite subjects.

Would have been an okay keeper if it was a little sharper.

It's actually a Snowy Egret, it's just not in its breeding plumage. Easy to
tell apart from all others by their black leggings and yellow socks.

<http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4098/4874800855_e2a5bba485_z.jpg>

<As always, greatly JPG degraded to entertain the trolls and thieves.>

From: Superzooms Still Win on
On Mon, 09 Aug 2010 06:13:24 -0500, Superzooms Still Win
<ssw(a)noaddress.org> wrote:

>On Mon, 9 Aug 2010 02:45:21 +0000 (UTC), "Mike Warren"
><miwa-not-this-bit(a)or-this-csas.net.au> wrote:
>
>>M-M wrote:
>>
>>>From about 300 ft @ 1500mm:
>>>
>>>http://www.mhmyers.com/d80/DSC_24255w.jpg
>>
>>LOL! Egrets are one of my favourite subjects.
>
>Would have been an okay keeper if it was a little sharper.
>
>It's actually a Snowy Egret, it's just not in its breeding plumage. Easy to
>tell apart from all others by their black leggings and yellow socks.
>
><http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4098/4874800855_e2a5bba485_z.jpg>
>

><As always, greatly JPG degraded to entertain the trolls and thieves.>

Ooops, I forgot to include the 1:1 crop for the pixel-pervs, gear-freaks,
and other assorted useless waste-of-flesh role-playing trolls.

<http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4074/4874962217_068e3df201.jpg>