From: Roger Pack on
> I agree. I would add:
> (3) Get the binaries in order to avoid compilation; becoming solved
> now by Roger Pack.
> (4) _Find_ the explanation on how to install ( 1. right versions
> are ..., 2. TCL of version xyz from here..., 3. Ruby/Tk-binaries/gems
> from rp..., 4. If it does not work, check PATH, path must be...)

Feel free to hack on that wiki page if desired :)
I don't mind :)
-r

From: Axel on

> Feel free to hack on that wiki page if desired :)
> I don't mind :)

Thank you, I'll do so - wait :)

Axel
From: Axel on
Roger, could you send me your email address? Can't find it.

Mine:

axel DOD friedrich_smail ED gmx DOD de

From: Eric Christopherson on
On Sun, Feb 21, 2010 at 12:21 AM, Hidetoshi NAGAI
<nagai(a)ai.kyutech.ac.jp> wrote:
> From: mdiam <maurice.diamantini(a)gmail.com>
> Subject: Re: Tk on Windows and Mac OS X 10.6
> Date: Sat, 20 Feb 2010 19:16:41 +0900
>> The FFI ffi-tk ruby project should work with any plateform
>> (e.g.  jruby but also macruby, etc...).
>> But if Hidetoshi hasn't choose that way (i.e. ffi) for tk,
>> propably there is a good reason (like the threads, or simply
>> it much more work ?)
>
> Because I'm not familiar with FFI, I don't have good ideas to soleve
> complexity of combination of callbacks, threads, and exceptions.
[...]

Manveru has an ffi-tk gem for Ruby 1.9. He says it should run on any
Ruby 1.9 installation that has FFI installed (either as a gem, as with
MRI, or as part of the installation, as with JRuby or Rubinius).

http://github.com/manveru/ffi-tk

Axel wrote:
> axel DOD friedrich_smail ED gmx DOD de

I think you meant "DOT" and "AT".

From: Michael Fellinger on
On Mon, Mar 1, 2010 at 8:52 AM, Eric Christopherson
<echristopherson(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sun, Feb 21, 2010 at 12:21 AM, Hidetoshi NAGAI
> <nagai(a)ai.kyutech.ac.jp> wrote:
>> From: mdiam <maurice.diamantini(a)gmail.com>
>> Subject: Re: Tk on Windows and Mac OS X 10.6
>> Date: Sat, 20 Feb 2010 19:16:41 +0900
>>> The FFI ffi-tk ruby project should work with any plateform
>>> (e.g.  jruby but also macruby, etc...).
>>> But if Hidetoshi hasn't choose that way (i.e. ffi) for tk,
>>> propably there is a good reason (like the threads, or simply
>>> it much more work ?)
>>
>> Because I'm not familiar with FFI, I don't have good ideas to soleve
>> complexity of combination of callbacks, threads, and exceptions.
> [...]
>
> Manveru has an ffi-tk gem for Ruby 1.9. He says it should run on any
> Ruby 1.9 installation that has FFI installed (either as a gem, as with
> MRI, or as part of the installation, as with JRuby or Rubinius).

I actually just tested it on windows today, had to do some tweaks, but
it runs (together with EM even) with just two lines of modification (i
had guessed the name of the dll wrong).
Will push a new gem tomorrow when i get confirmation that OSX still works.

--
Michael Fellinger
CTO, The Rubyists, LLC