From: achoo on

>> So be very careful what he says. by the way, how is your cold these
>> days? Has it improved?
>
> Had you bothered to read any other replies in this thread, you would
> know what PA Bear really told the poster...that Outlook Express has
> newsreader functionality but Outlook does not.

-----------

Yes and yes..! I had already made it clear in earlier posts that I DO
know how to set up Newsgroups via outlook(xpress)... and that I would
give it another try when I was in front of his computer again... which
turned out to be yesterday. (I can set-up any newsreader to access
newsgroups, but you must remember I was helping a non-literate computer
user, and hence I used O/E for familiarity sake.)

All is fine and working, so it had to be a typo on my part in the nntp
field when I first tried.

Boy oh boy, this is a weird newsgroup; seems everyones got something to
say, yet nobody reads what the original poster posted, or followed what
he had to say. I made it clear way back at the beginning, and I knew
that pa was right regarding I 'should' be able to use O/E to get
friend here, and hence I tried again.

so again, thank you to all who helped.(just feel sorry for friend now,
for he has to navigate through threads like this where obvious bun
throwing is normal.)

fwiw,, cold is getting better, thanks.

end of thread!

From: PA Bear [MS MVP] on
achoo wrote:
> PA Bear [MS MVP] wrote:
>> Repeat: Outlook and Outlook Express are NOT the same application!
>
> Yes, I do fully understand that pa. Outlook Express is what has been
> used, and it works just fine.

Then please stop using "Outlook" when you mean "Outlook Express," else you
may receive incorrect, possibly disastrous advice.

First  |  Prev  |
Pages: 1 2
Prev: Double My Documents
Next: Wireless network