From: achoo on
achoo wrote:
> Hi,
> My friend has finally got on the net using one of those usb-wireless
> modems.
> The company he uses doesnt have a server, so he cant even use Outlook
> Express. (I tried setting it up for him supplying the same details that
> I use;(not My actual details) he is not too computer literate.)
>
> What can he do to get access to this and other groups on the microsoft
> server? Is there a browser way-in? (he has FireFox)
>
> Xp home, SP2, fully patched.
>
> Thanks

Thank you all for replies.

I was at his house today and tried setting up the groups via Outlook
again, and this time, Success. I must have done a typo before, and so
it didnt work. I think it was Pa Bear who said that no matter what, I
should be able to get him to groups via outlook, so I persisted down
that road today.

He has another problem and has already posted it to the appropiate group
on the MS server,, (well, I guess I sorta helped, but at least he now
knows what n/g's are.)

Again, thanks for all the assist.

From: PA Bear [MS MVP] on
Repeat: Outlook and Outlook Express are NOT the same application!

From: achoo on
PA Bear [MS MVP] wrote:
> Repeat: Outlook and Outlook Express are NOT the same application!

Yes, I do fully understand that pa. Outlook Express is what has been
used, and it works just fine.
From: LD55ZRA on

"achoo" <sneezy(a)cold.com> wrote in message

> I think it was Pa Bear who said that no matter what, I should be able to
> get him to groups via outlook

Pig-Bear is a bull-shitter if this is what he told you. You cannot access
newsgroups using Outlook. Please don't waste your time on Outlook instead
launch Outlook Express and you will be in the correct path to set it up
correctly.

You have to understand that Pig-Bear is 78 nearly 79 and he is an active
member of the Geriatric Society of United States so don't expect him to give
you correct answers all the time. He has got canned answers to everything
that goes likke this:

<quote>
What third-party firewall (if any)?

it)?
</quote>

So be very careful what he says. by the way, how is your cold these days?
Has it improved?

hth

From: glee on
"LD55ZRA" <LD55ZRA(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> "achoo" <sneezy(a)cold.com> wrote in message
>>

>> I think it was Pa Bear who said that no matter what, I should be
>> able to get him to groups via outlook
>
> Pig-Bear is a bull-shitter if this is what he told you. You cannot
> access newsgroups using Outlook. Please don't waste your time on
> Outlook instead launch Outlook Express and you will be in the correct
> path to set it up correctly.
>
> You have to understand that Pig-Bear is 78 nearly 79 and he is an
> active member of the Geriatric Society of United States so don't
> expect him to give you correct answers all the time. He has got
> canned answers to everything that goes likke this:
>
> <quote>
> Defender)?
> What third-party firewall (if any)?

> computer (e.g., a free-trial version that came preinstalled when you
> bought
> it)?
> </quote>
>
> So be very careful what he says. by the way, how is your cold these
> days? Has it improved?

Had you bothered to read any other replies in this thread, you would
know what PA Bear really told the poster...that Outlook Express has
newsreader functionality but Outlook does not.

You're a few decades off on his age also.....he's got quite some time to
go before being "geriatric"...not that age has anything to do with
intelligence. You only reveal your own ignorance and prejudice with
statements like that, so thanks for showing us who you are. We can now
safely disregard much of anything you say.
--
Glen Ventura, MS MVP Oct. 2002 - Sept. 2009
A+

 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2
Prev: Double My Documents