From: jrasania on
Hello,

I am developing PPC application. Currently I am facing one problem on
HTC TyTN II device.

Problem:
hResult = SimInitialize(0, NULL, NULL, &hSim); as well as hr =
SimGetDevCaps(hSim, SIM_CAPSTYPE_ALL, &SIMCaps); returns S_OK even
though SIM Card is not inserted.

OS version is 5.2 and Device name is Kaiser.

From: Peter Foot [MVP] on
A value indicating if the SIM card is missing is stored in the registry as
part of the State and Notifications Broker (PhoneNoSim). See the snapi.h
header for the registry location.

Peter

--
Peter Foot
Microsoft Device Application Development MVP

From: Skiler on
I also faced this problem recently.
U can try to get IMSI serial number from SIM card and this will
exactly indicate is your SIM inserted or not.

From: jrasania on
On Sep 19, 8:55 pm, Skiler <sklyar.and...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> I also faced this problem recently.
> U can try to get IMSI serial number from SIM card and this will
> exactly indicate is your SIM inserted or not.

Hello Peter and Skiler,

Thanx for prompt response.

Both the idea are nice. But still I am facing problem.

In case of registry read. (Suggested by Peter)
It is not give status for SIM inserted when cell radio is off.

In case of IMSI number (Suggested by Skiler)
It is working fine. But it is not working in case of CDMA device as
well as Cell radio is off.

One again thanx for prompt reply.
From: Skiler on
u can try to with line.
if u can open the line, then your phone is on.

lineNegotiateAPIVersion
lineGetDevCaps
lineNegotiateExtVersion
(lineOpen == true) if yes -> you have opened line and pnone on :)

it is the just the idea, source have to be much more complicated!