From: lostsoul62 on
I have a half inch of space in my cell at the top and I go format cell and do
an auto row hight fit and nothing happens. How can I make my date fit into my
cell. When I try and manualy make the cell to fit the data the data at the
botten dissapears and the top still has the half inch of space.
From: marysully on
Just a thought, but is the cell merged with the cell above it? If it is there
will definitely be a space. If that's the problem, you will have to go to
Format, Cells, Alignment, and uncheck the merge cells box.

From: Bob I on
How did said data get into the cell? Did you perhaps paste it in from a
web page? Sounds like there could be more unseen characters before your
"data". Can you place the cursor before the first visible character and
then backspace?

From: Billns on
On 4/13/2010 8:27 AM, lostsoul62 wrote:
> I have a half inch of space in my cell at the top and I go format cell and do
> an auto row hight fit and nothing happens. How can I make my date fit into my
> cell. When I try and manualy make the cell to fit the data the data at the
> botten dissapears and the top still has the half inch of space.

Right click the row number on the left of your worksheet. Select Row
Height and enter 15 (or whatever your standard row height is). If that
doesn't work, try the method below.

Assuming there's not too much data in the offending row, why not delete
the row, insert a blank row, and re-enter the data?

Bill