From: Hammy on
A while ago their was a thread about paper used for PCB toner transfer
method using a laser toner.

The main grudge with using the recommended staples picture paper that
Goatee recommends was difficulty in removing the fine final layer.

Anyway's I found a cheap and widely available paper that works much
better and is much cheaper it can be bought at Dollarama in Canada and
probably the US.

It is

Likon Photo Paper Glossy

10 sheets for $1.25

It peels off completely when wet easily with your thumb.

I just finished doing a 50w flyback and 275W PFC and I didn't have to
waste time scraping off that final transparent layer once.

It now takes about 15min to transfer and have a board ready to etch,
nice.;-)
From: Jamie on
Hammy wrote:
> A while ago their was a thread about paper used for PCB toner transfer
> method using a laser toner.
>
> The main grudge with using the recommended staples picture paper that
> Goatee recommends was difficulty in removing the fine final layer.
>
> Anyway's I found a cheap and widely available paper that works much
> better and is much cheaper it can be bought at Dollarama in Canada and
> probably the US.
>
> It is
>
> Likon Photo Paper Glossy
>
> 10 sheets for $1.25
>
> It peels off completely when wet easily with your thumb.
>
> I just finished doing a 50w flyback and 275W PFC and I didn't have to
> waste time scraping off that final transparent layer once.
>
> It now takes about 15min to transfer and have a board ready to etch,
> nice.;-)
YEs, I still have a stack of photo paper that washes off easily.. I
caught my wife using it the other day for photos! I gave her hell!!!!!!!!!!
:)

From: bcon1 on
-0

From: Hammy on
On Sat, 17 Jul 2010 16:06:00 GMT, "bcon1" <bcon1(a)telus.net> wrote:

>-0
>"Jamie" <jamie_ka1lpa_not_valid_after_ka1lpa_(a)charter.net> wrote in message
>> Hammy wrote:
>>> A while ago their was a thread about paper used for PCB toner transfer
>>> method using a laser toner.
>>>
>>> The main grudge with using the recommended staples picture paper that
>>> Goatee recommends was difficulty in removing the fine final layer.
>>>
>>> Anyway's I found a cheap and widely available paper that works much
>>> better and is much cheaper it can be bought at Dollarama in Canada and
>>> probably the US.
>>>
>>> It is Likon Photo Paper Glossy
>>>
>>> 10 sheets for $1.25
>>>
>>> It peels off completely when wet easily with your thumb.
>>>
>>> I just finished doing a 50w flyback and 275W PFC and I didn't have to
>>> waste time scraping off that final transparent layer once.
>>>
>>> It now takes about 15min to transfer and have a board ready to etch,
>>> nice.;-)
>> YEs, I still have a stack of photo paper that washes off easily.. I
>> caught my wife using it the other day for photos! I gave her
>> hell!!!!!!!!!!
>> :)

;-)
From: ehsjr on
Jamie wrote:
> Hammy wrote:
>
>> A while ago their was a thread about paper used for PCB toner transfer
>> method using a laser toner.
>>
>> The main grudge with using the recommended staples picture paper that
>> Goatee recommends was difficulty in removing the fine final layer.
>>
>> Anyway's I found a cheap and widely available paper that works much
>> better and is much cheaper it can be bought at Dollarama in Canada and
>> probably the US.
>>
>> It is
>> Likon Photo Paper Glossy
>>
>> 10 sheets for $1.25
>>
>> It peels off completely when wet easily with your thumb.
>>
>> I just finished doing a 50w flyback and 275W PFC and I didn't have to
>> waste time scraping off that final transparent layer once.
>>
>> It now takes about 15min to transfer and have a board ready to etch,
>> nice.;-)
>
> YEs, I still have a stack of photo paper that washes off easily.. I
> caught my wife using it the other day for photos! I gave her hell!!!!!!!!!!
> :)

And you'll be sleeping in the outhouse for how long?
:-)

Ed