From: narke on
Hi,

Do you guys know if there is a tool in slack that can convert MKV to AVI
with good result?

-- Schopenhauer

narke
From: Ivan Rajkovic on
On Thu, 20 May 2010 06:54:29 +0000, narke wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Do you guys know if there is a tool in slack that can convert MKV to AVI
> with good result?

without going into detials about the containers (mkv and avi) and video
codecs, i would recomend you try avidemux. It has easy to use GUI and it
should be able to do whatever you want.

--
i.
From: narke on
On 2010-05-20, Jos� Manuel Garc�a-Patos <jgarciapa3(a)alumno.uned.es> wrote:
>> Do you guys know if there is a tool in slack that can convert MKV to AVI
>> with good result?
>
> I believe mencoder can do that, but I've never tried converting to
> .avi. It is a part of the MPlayer package, but you may need ffmpeg, and
> other libraries like xvid and x264 to make it fully functional.
>
> Just curious, why would you want to convert a .mkv file to .avi? The
> former is a much better format (in my humble opinion), and you can watch
> .mkv files flawlessly in Slack with MPlayer.

I want to watch it on my TV via a DVD player that support reading from
USB avi files, but not mkv.

thanks.

-- Schopenhauer

narke
From: narke on
On 2010-05-20, Ivan Rajkovic <ivanrajkovic(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, 20 May 2010 06:54:29 +0000, narke wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Do you guys know if there is a tool in slack that can convert MKV to AVI
>> with good result?
>
> without going into detials about the containers (mkv and avi) and video
> codecs, i would recomend you try avidemux. It has easy to use GUI and it
> should be able to do whatever you want.

Thanks. I will have it a try.

-- Schopenhauer

narke