From: S on
My data:

Col 1
Apples
Oranges

Bananas
Apples

I'm trying have excel show the text "Apples" in one col & the count "2" in
another col; same with oranges and bananas. I don't know if it is the blank
cell that is causing errors but I have tried LARGE, VLOOKUP, MATCH and am not
having any luck.

Thank you in advance
From: Reeza on
On May 5, 3:07 pm, S <S...(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> My data:
>
> Col 1
> Apples
> Oranges
> Oranges
>
> Bananas
> Apples
>
> I'm trying have excel show the text "Apples" in one col & the count "2" in
> another col; same with oranges and bananas.  I don't know if it is the blank
> cell that is causing errors but I have tried LARGE, VLOOKUP, MATCH and am not
> having any luck.
>
> Thank you in advance

Perhaps provide sample data and results expected.

=COUNTIF($B$16:$B$21,B16)

Will count the number of apples/bananas in the range,but you get
multiples.
From: S on
Works perfectly! I was over-complicating things. Thank you so very, very
much!