From: AndyHancock on
I read with consternation the wide-scale graphics problem afflicting
the above combination:
http://forums.computers.toshiba-europe.com/forums/thread.jspa?threadID=53955

On June 15 2010, the last posting claimed 2 solutions, though
solutions have been claimed earlier in the thread, only to be
debunked. In particular, the two most vocal complainants

After much searching, the only model that meets my requirements is the
Toshiba Satellite A660:
http://www.toshiba.ca/web/product.grp?lg=en&section=1&group=1&product=10450

It has the graphics controller GeForce GTS350M. This doesn't sound so
good. Ideally, I'd send a message to the two posters who tenaciously
kept attention on the problem, I would ask whether the solution
worked, but I'm frigging infuriated by the overbearing and controlling
nature of the administrators

<\start rant>
This last comment needs explanation (skip this paragraph if you hate
rants). My account was cancelled because username ToshibaUser2b might
be perceived as representing Toshiba. Apparently, so might
TOSH18Auser2b, since the login is rejected even after resetting the
password twice. I didn't get any message about that, though, so if it
ain't a 2nd account cancellation, it's just simple malfunction. Either
way, I find that that freedom of ideas is at the mercy of either power
tripping, corporate interests, or competence in running the forum.
<\end rant>

Does anyone know if GeForce GTS350M is subject to the same problem
that are endemic to the GeFroce 300M series?