From: johnlawrencereedjr on
On Jul 16, 10:29 am, PD <thedraperfam...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> On Jul 16, 11:43 am, glird <gl...(a)aol.com> wrote:

> > >< The only difficulty with this scheme is that it would imply that the mass of an object would be strictly proportional to the number of atoms. Experimentally, that is wrong. >
>
> >   Please tell us what experiments prove that the weight of a body is
> > NOT proportional to the number of atoms.
>
> It's called binding energy of the molecular bond.
> An H2 molecule's mass is not twice the mass of a single hydrogen ion.

jr writes>
Your using binding energy in the wrong direction. That energy is a
part of the total mass. Binding energy is used to explain the missing
total mass in the measure of the separate products of an experiment.
It is an accepted patch.
The reason force can be defined as equal and opposite wrt to planet
surface objects and planets is because "force" begins and ends in our
measured effort. Our measured effort will always be equal to the
objective resistance we act on, or that acts on us. F=mg and/or F=ma.
This does not even imply that mass generates a universal force, unless
we assign the force we feel to all inanimate objects based solely on
their objective resistance.. We generate the force. Mass provides the
resistance we must counter. We feel and generate the force. It begins
and ends in our body and effort. To assign the force we feel and
generate, to inanimate object resistance is error.

In other words when we lift an object the force we exert will always
be equal to the object's weight. It's resistance will be equal and
opposite to our effort. Our effort is the force. The objective measure
of resistance is the weight mg. There is nothing objective about the
force we feel except the resistance that causes it. Our effort cannot
be generalized to the effort of the planet. Inanimate objects exert no
effort. The planet attractor acts on atoms. All atoms fall at the same
rate. We lift the cumulative sum of the atoms in an object. The planet
attractor pulls on the atoms and we lift the object.

We can combine 2 moles of hydrogen with 1 mole of oxygen to build 1
mole of water (pretty near or at least theoretical). A mole is a unit
of relative weight directly convertible to a number of atoms for each
element (just reverse Avogadro calcs). We balance equations for
optimal yield all the time where 2H and H2 reprresent the identical
number of atoms. Using a catalyst or electrolysis we break down the
stable H2 into the nascent 2H and we balance the equation (chemical
balancing) where 2H and H2 add on either side equivalently.

From: Dono. on
On Jul 17, 1:58 am, johnlawrencereedjr <thejohnlr...(a)gmail.com> wrote:

> jr writes>
> Your using binding energy in the wrong direction. That energy is a
> part of the total mass. Binding energy is used to explain the missing
> total mass in the measure of the separate products of an experiment.

Idiot

From: PD on
On Jul 17, 2:22 am, thejohnlreed <thejohnlr...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> On Jul 16, 8:11 am, PD <thedraperfam...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > On Jul 16, 1:27 am, thejohnlreed <thejohnlr...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > > When we define mass in terms of a number of atoms, the occult aspect
> > > of equal and opposite forces between planet surface objects and
> > > planets vanish. The resistance of a planet surface object when defined
> > > in terms of weight and quantified in terms of a number of atoms can
> > > hardly be set equivalent to the resistance of the atoms composing the
> > > planet.
>
> > > Current web address:http://groups.google.com/group/thejohnreed
>
> > > If you respond to this post from a newsgroup other than the above,
> > > please send a copy to Randama...(a)yahoo.com, if you want a timely
> > > response. Thanks.
>
> > The only difficulty with this scheme is that it would imply that the
> > mass of an object would be strictly propertional to the number of
> > atoms. Experimentally, that is wrong.
>
> jr writes>
> In chemistry we are always weighing out a number ofmoles that reduce
> to a specific number of atoms (pretty near) by relative weight.

I disagree. You are weighing by mass.
If you like, compare the weights of 1 mole of carbon-12 and 1 mole of
helium-2. By your standard, the former should be exactly 6 times the
latter.
And yet, if you look in isotopic weight tables, you will find this is
not the case.

From: thejohnlreed on
On Jul 17, 8:36 am, PD <thedraperfam...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> On Jul 17, 2:22 am, thejohnlreed <thejohnlr...(a)gmail.com> wrote:

> > > The only difficulty with this scheme is that it would imply that the
> > > mass of an object would be strictly propertional to the number of
> > > atoms. Experimentally, that is wrong.
>
> > jr writes>
> > In chemistry we are always weighing out a number ofmoles that reduce
> > to a specific number of atoms (pretty near) by relative weight.
>
> I disagree. You are weighing by mass.
> If you like, compare the weights of 1 mole of carbon-12 and 1 mole of
> helium-2. By your standard, the former should be exactly 6 times the
> latter.
> And yet, if you look in isotopic weight tables, you will find this is
> not the case.
>
> I disagree. You are weighing by mass.
If you like, compare the weights of 1 mole of carbon-12 and 1 mole of
helium-2. By your standard, the former should be exactly 6 times the
latter.
And yet, if you look in isotopic weight tables, you will find this is
not the case.

jr writes>

You are quibling over known established science. Consider the
principle: We have an element that is pure by definition. It consists
of one isotope of the element. Each atom of that element will
therefore have identical magnitudes of mass (resistance). We weigh an
amount of the element (What do we mean by this? We mean that we
compare an amount of an element against a standard resistance. We are
not measuring a gravitational force). We are balancing the mass of two
objects where an attraction is acting on each atom of the object. We
feel this attraction only when we are in contact with the planet or
accelerating away from the planet. We feel this same force when we
accelerate in any direction. In all cases we are feeling the sum total
of our atoms when they are in opposition to the attraction acting on
them, or in opposition to a state of rest or a state of constant
motion. We only acquire a balance when we have matched the resistance
of the atoms in one pan with the resistance of the atoms in the other
pan. We cannot see this detail so we use mass to quantify the action.
The innacuracy in the process is in our mass units not in the physical
atomic units that react or resist. We can conclude that the resistance
of atoms when quantified in units of mass carries error. On the other
hand, when mass is quantified in terms of atoms no error exists.

If we have 6.21 x 10^-23 of atoms of all the same element and isotope
and they are separate and weigh 1 mole total. When we combine them
their resistance is increased from the resistance of one atom by a
factor of 6.21 x 10^-23. Any so called binding energy is included in
the initial atom and is carried to the total aggregate.

So we take half the weight of that element and balance each half
against the other. Are you saying that we will lose some miniscule
amount of energy enough to hinder our calculation of the number of
atoms in each pan?

We have had different standards to base the relative weights of
elements on. Our degree of accuracy with regard to chemical reaction
equations is better than the proportional accuracy of the standard. If
you set it up where Hydrogen is 1, or where Oxygen is 16, or where
Carbon is 12, the precise mathematical results will vary according to
the relative decimal accuracy of the standard element chosen. The
mathematical results here are less accurate than the physical results
that are rigorously controlled by the atom itself.

It makes no sense to hold me to a precision greater than our lack of
precision, that does not exist anywhere else in science. The
imprecision is one that is inherent in the unit mass. We hijack
resistance and nature complies with atoms whose mass (resistance) is
conserved.

Our idea for a specific number of atoms combining with a specific
number of atoms to make a specific compound provides a greater
accuracy in terms of the atoms involved, than does the mass measure of
those atoms which depends on the accuracy of the balance scale as well
as the accuracy of the standard on which we base the relative weights
of the atoms and the units we use as the standard of weight.

We do not require nano-technology accuracy here with mass since we get
that physically with a number of atoms. If we quantify mass in terms
of a number of atoms, we need be no more accurate than the accuracy
relative weights of elements provide. Nature will take care of the
rest.

Avogadro's number is huge. Way larger than any margin of error we
require in order to show the difference between the resistance of a
planet surface object's atoms and the resistance of the number of
atoms composing the planet.

My mass standard is no more accurate than the standard we successfully
use to measure a correct number of atoms in a chemical reaction
process. We need not purify the element to the point where it consists
of only one isotope. Our chemical reactions will be pretty near
precise. Mass is no magical quantity. It represents a resistance. We
can measure this resistance on a balance scale in standard
quantitative units. Mass is not an amount of matter. It is the measure
of the resistance of an amount of matter. An atom is an amount of
matter. The resistance of atoms is conserved. Total Mass is conserved.

So we have F=mg. Defining mass resistance in terms of its weight as a
function of what we call gravity, This works mathematically for us
because the resistance of atoms is conserved and mass (that
resistance) does not enter into the planet attractor mathematics. It
enters into our mathematics because we are planet surface inertial
objects. We act on (work against) the mass of an object (including our
bodies) where the planet acts on the atoms that compose the object.
Therefore the mass of an object is the cumulative resistance of the
atoms that make up that object.

We feel resistance. We feel what we call weight. We call what we feel
a gravitationl force that acts on mass (that acts on us) . A force
that causes a resistance that we measure and feel cannot act on the
resistance that we measure and feel. If it did, the more resistance we
applied the greater the planet would act on it. We wouldn't even need
to escape so called light veolcity to avoid a blackhole. A blackhole
would be all there is.

From: thejohnlreed on
On Jul 17, 8:03 am, "Dono." <sa...(a)comcast.net> wrote:
> On Jul 17, 1:58 am, johnlawrencereedjr <thejohnlr...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > jr writes>
> > Your using binding energy in the wrong direction. That energy is a
> > part of the total mass. Binding energy is used to explain the missing
> > total mass in the measure of the separate products of an experiment.
>
> Idiot

jr writes>
Altho youstupidity andignorance will never be evident to you, you are
insuring that your children and their children will carry this
stupidity from you for life. I suggest you refrain from public
intellectualforumsuntil you acquire the knowledge to doso. Thinkof
your progeny.
johnreed