From: RMC on
Hello

Total Recorder ( http://www.highcriteria.com/productfr.htm ) allows you to
record to a file any streaming media that you might listen to "live" via
Media Player etc.

Is there something available as Freeware (Win32 platform, specifically XPSP2
in my case) which will allow my OS to play the file (such as a RealMedia
stream via Real Alternative, for example) yet record the audio stream to a
WAV or similar?

Cheers in advance for any URLs or recommendations for programs.

RMC, England

From: RMC on
>> Is there something available as Freeware ...

> Any sound going through your soundcard can be recorded with e.g. EAC
> and the Windoze volume control.

I never thought of that! Thanks Trab, I'll try it.

RMC, England

From: El Bandolero on
Il Sat, 12 Aug 2006 00:39:57 +0200, Trab ha scritto:

> Any sound going through your soundcard can be recorded with e.g. EAC
> and the Windoze volume control.

would you please say more about *how* to do it?

thank you
--
ciao
Bando
From: Thorsten Duhn on
Hello,

> http://www.exactaudiocopy.de/
> Better get an older version if you use it as a ripper
> (circumvents copy protection).

I was wondering about your statement, I wasn't aware, that
current versions of EAC are stripped down due to copyright
reasons. I read at their page about that, and yes, you're
right. But you could be more precise on what version to use
instead, as far as I see it's only the latest, so 0.95b3
and below should be okay.

http://www.exactaudiocopy.de/eac9.html

http://www.zuskomzaka.cz/download/eac-0.95b3.zip
http://ftp.yxms.net/tools/media_player/eac-0.95b3-cdrdao.zip

Hard to find ;-)

Regards,
Thorsten
--
connect thorsten.duhn(a)editorial.de
load http://www.editorial.de
From: James UK on
RMC leapt out of the bath and screamed "EUREKA!" before typing in
alt.comp.freeware:

> I never thought of that! Thanks Trab, I'll try it.
>
> RMC, England

Have a look at Audacity too, as it can record like this, and has a
wealth of other features you'll probably want / need at some point too.

http://audacity.sourceforge.net/

HTH

Regards

--