From: nr on
I've downloaded and used MPC, which I like very much. I was surprised
that I didn't have to install it and was wondering if there were any
way to actually install it, so that I could associate my mpg and mpeg
files to it for opening. When I shift/right-click on an mpg file, I
don't get the 'open with' option in the selections.

Thanks for any help.

From: Steve H on
On Sat, 12 Aug 2006 13:33:59 +0200, Yrrah
<Yrrah.YrrahYrrah.Yrrah(a)hotmail.com> wrote:

>"nr" <newsreader(a)midsouth.rr.com> wrote:
>
>> I've downloaded and used MPC, which I like very much. I was surprised
>> that I didn't have to install it and was wondering if there were any
>> way to actually install it, so that I could associate my mpg and mpeg
>> files to it for opening.
>
>View - Options - (Player) Formats

Or the old standby - right click on file to select, press and hold
Shift key, left click, select 'open with' and navigate to the
appropriate app. Check 'Always use this program...'

Regards,

--
Steve ( out in the sticks )
Email: anyoldname(*AT*)gmx(*dot*)co(*dot*)uk
From: nr on
I selected the mpg in view/options/player formats, but the file still
opened in media player. A shift/right-click on an mpg or mpeg file
does not bring up 'open with' as an option in the selection list. Is
it true the MPC is not installable?

Thanks for your help.

From: eeeeeek on
Le 12 Aug 2006 10:26:16 -0700, "nr" <newsreader(a)midsouth.rr.com> a
crit :

>I selected the mpg in view/options/player formats, but the file still
>opened in media player. A shift/right-click on an mpg or mpeg file
>does not bring up 'open with' as an option in the selection list. Is
>it true the MPC is not installable?
>
>Thanks for your help.

yet another suggestion (works for me under my non english version of
W98, hopefully my translation is correct)

open any windows folder, then View> Folder Options (last item in the
list)
Select the File type tab, find the MPG entry, select "open", then
Modify, then again Modify
there you should be able to check or alter the default program Windows
uses for opening MPG files (locate the media player classic .exe
program if necessary)

From: nr on

eeeeeek wrote:
> Le 12 Aug 2006 10:26:16 -0700, "nr" <newsreader(a)midsouth.rr.com> a
> écrit :
>
> >I selected the mpg in view/options/player formats, but the file still
> >opened in media player. A shift/right-click on an mpg or mpeg file
> >does not bring up 'open with' as an option in the selection list. Is
> >it true the MPC is not installable?
> >
> >Thanks for your help.
>

> yet another suggestion (works for me under my non english version of
> W98, hopefully my translation is correct)
>
> open any windows folder, then View> Folder Options (last item in the
> list)
> Select the File type tab, find the MPG entry, select "open", then
> Modify, then again Modify
> there you should be able to check or alter the default program Windows
> uses for opening MPG files (locate the media player classic .exe
> program if necessary)

Thanks, but...

The MPG is missing from the 'file types' list. I can supposedly add
it, but it doesn't stay. I also have this problem with mpeg and exe.
I'm thinking of doing a reinstall of XP is the only way to solve this.

But am I correct in that MPC does not install?

 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2
Prev: Total Recorder equivalent?
Next: AutoIt v3.2 released