From: msnyc07 on
I am sure I've done this before. somehow it alludes me all of a sudden;

I have a table with

ProductName | Amount Sold

Where Product Names can duplicate

Sorted by product name

I want to run a simple column formula so it will step down and as long as it
is still in same product group (i.e. A6=A5) it will give me a report on the
totals.
From: FSt1 on
hi
not sure but it sounds like you are talking about the sumif function.
=sumif(criteria range, criteria, sum range)
or if you table was in A and b then
=sumif(A2:A500,"productname", B2:B500)

or did i miss something?
Regards