From: (PeteCresswell) on
My resident technophobe has relented and says they are willing to
take on a laptop (instead of an iPad or iTouch).

Primary use will be watching TV via WiFi on the back patio with
some emailing thrown in.

I'm thinking a touch screen would be a very-nice-to-have feature
for somebody like that - since they will not be dealing with a
separate mouse.

Requirements seem to be:

- WiFi

- 10-15" touch screen

- NVIDIA graphics to render HD

- Minimum 2-hour battery life

- Speaker with enough volume tb heard five feet away
outdoors.

- Decent-sized keyboard (my Asus 901's is too small)

Ability to run XP instead of 7 a nice-to-have, but not a deal
breaker.

Anybody have some thoughts?

--
PeteCresswell
From: peter on
Run a Cable to the back patio and buy a decent LCD TV.
A laptop will not have enough volume to be heard clearly from 5 feet away.
The buy an inexpensive Netbook for email

peter

If you find a posting or message from me offensive,inappropriate or
disruptive,please ignore it. If you dont know how to ignore a posting
complain to me and I will be only too happy to demonstrate :-)