From: redrumloa on
I have a tower toppler disk that runs fine on my 64, but crashes after
a while like clockwork on a 128DCR. Kind of odd, this is the only game
I have observed this with. Anyone else seen this?
From: Caricon on
Just proves that the C64 inside the C128 systems isn't totally the
same as a stock C64. There were a few
programs as I remember back in the 80's that would run just fine on a
64 but would have problems with a
128. These were just the stock 128's, since back then no one that I
knew of had a 128D.
From: Sean Huxter on

"Caricon" <caricon(a)wcoil.com> wrote in message
> Just proves that the C64 inside the C128 systems isn't totally the
> same as a stock C64. There were a few
> programs as I remember back in the 80's that would run just fine on a
> 64 but would have problems with a
> 128. These were just the stock 128's, since back then no one that I
> knew of had a 128D.

When I got my 128 back in the day, not long after they came out (I was
waiting) I played as many of my games on it as I could partly cause I loved
those games, but partly to test Commodore's claim that the native c64 mode
would play most of the games available.

ONE didn't work. "Rescue on Fractalus", the LucasFilm game. It went to black
screen, and wouldn't come out.

It turns out the program called on an unused bit on the c64 that was no
longer unused on the 128's version of the c64. It turned the screen black.

Lucas came out with a patch not long after and all was well.

But no game I tried would crash over time... that's weird.

I remember being able to play "Trinity" and "A Mind Forever Voyaging" from
INFOCOM though, and I was lovin' it!

Sean.

From: redrumloa on
On Apr 23, 5:16 pm, redrumloa <amiga...(a)bellsouth.net> wrote:
> I have a tower toppler disk that runs fine on my 64, but crashes after
> a while like clockwork on a 128DCR. Kind of odd, this is the only game
> I have observed this with. Anyone else seen this?

Does anyone reading this have an NTSC 128DCR, or even an flat NTSC
128, who can try to duplicate this crash with Tower Toppler? The crash
usually happens about half way up the first tower, though occasionally
at the bottom and occasionally near the top, but always first tower.