From: RobertB on
At the February FCUG meeting, we had quite a
demonstration of the cartridge, Hamtext, for the Commodore
VIC-20 computer. Hamtext and its accompanying interface
can take the signal from a ham radio transceiver and show
the results on the VIC-20's monitor. Those results can be
the translation of Morse code signals to ASCII (alphabetic
letters shown on the screen).

Well, I took a videocamera to the meeting and filmed a few
minutes of the demo. That video is now on-line! Go to

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VvtqxZvCLQs

and see a few minutes of the hardware used and what the
monitor screen showed.

Truly,
Robert Bernardo
Fresno Commodore User Group
http://videocam.net.au/fcug
July 24-25 Commodore Vegas Expo 2010 -
http://www.commodore.ca/forum
and click on ComVEX
From: Rick (no spam) Ethridge on
RobertB wrote:

> At the February FCUG meeting, we had quite a
> demonstration of the cartridge, Hamtext, for the Commodore
> VIC-20 computer. Hamtext and its accompanying interface
> can take the signal from a ham radio transceiver and show
> the results on the VIC-20's monitor. Those results can be
> the translation of Morse code signals to ASCII (alphabetic
> letters shown on the screen).
>
> Well, I took a videocamera to the meeting and filmed a few
> minutes of the demo. That video is now on-line! Go to
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VvtqxZvCLQs

This is nice! I've always wanted something like this for
either my VIC or C=64. I plan on following this up. Thanks!