From: Peter Duniho on
Ganze wrote:
> Thanks Arne,
> Is ther a way to eliminate JIT optimization?

The "Debug" build configuration disables optimizations at both the
C#-to-IL and IL-to-native (i.e. JIT) phases.

IMHO, your question makes as much sense as asking whether the debugger
can step through your code reliably. Which is to say, it's a fine
question�you just have to be aware of the scenarios where it won't work
as well.

Pete
From: Arne Vajhøj on
On 27-05-2010 08:03, Ganze wrote:
> "Arne Vajh�j"<arne(a)vajhoej.dk> wrote in message
>> On 26-05-2010 05:26, Ganze wrote:
>>> I work with try/catch block. Since its a multy line method I would like
>>> know excatly what is the last command that passes succefully before going
>>> the catch block.
>>> Is there some way to do it without embeding logger messages after every
>>> code
>>> line?
>>
>> Not really.
>>
>> Because you need to realize that after optimization by the
>> JIT compiler then the question does not make any sense any
>> more.
>>
>> Let us say that:
>> line 1 -> instructions A, B and C
>> line 2 -> instructions D, E and F
>> line 3 -> instructions G, H and I
>>
>> The after optimization the instructions are
>> executed in the order:
>> A D G B E H C F I
>>
>> And then the exception happens at B.
>>
>> What line number do you want?
> Is ther a way to eliminate JIT optimization?

What is the point?

You want your final artifact to run JIT'ed right?

Arne
First  |  Prev  |
Pages: 1 2
Prev: MEF with VS2008