From: JenMcG on
I need to track individuals' FTE on projects for each year of the projects,
which could be up to 5 years. The FTE could be for three different time
periods within each year (e.g., summer, school year, calendar year for Year
1, Year 2, and so on). What are the best fields to create and table structure
for this?

Thanks!
From: Dorian on
How about using a from date and to date in a table such that you can have
multiple ranges per person.

tblProject:
ProjectId

tblPerson:
PersonId

tblAssignment:
ProjectId
PersonId
FromDate
ToDate

-- Dorian
eat for a lifetime".

From: Arvin Meyer [MVP] on
In addition, you may wish to add another table for Periods, so that a date
range that spans multiple periods can be attached to the assignment, or it
may be sufficient to just use the Period number instead of the date.
--
Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP
http://www.datastrat.com