From: Alberto Amati on
Hi!
There is a way to connect to a MSSQL server and to count the number
of CAL? Maybe a view on the server?
Thank you
Alberto
From: Lutz Uhlmann on
Look at the connections!

If you have user-cal then group by users, if you have client-cal group
by hosts.

From: Alberto Amati on
On 20 Lug, 13:44, Lutz Uhlmann <n...(a)invalid.invalid> wrote:
> Look at the connections!
>
> If you have user-cal then group by users, if you have client-cal group
> by hosts.

Thank you Lutz.
Users access by an application level, and the application level use
always the same user....
So I suppose I have to look at the connection by host.
1) Is there a view to do this?
2) It seems just an "empirical" solution. There is not an "official"
repository of the CALs?

Bye
Alberto
From: Lutz Uhlmann on
> Users access by an application level, and the application level use
> always the same user....
> So I suppose I have to look at the connection by host.
> 1) Is there a view to do this?
> 2) It seems just an "empirical" solution. There is not an "official"
> repository of the CALs?

I think there is no official solution for tracking CALs.

If you can say "one host, one user" then you can use the hosts to
identify different users.

Look at the following path - Database(master) - Views - System Views (?)

SELECT * FROM [sys].[sysprocesses]
SELECT * FROM [sys].[dm_exec_connections]

Use the online help to understand the informations the views give you.

From: Alberto Amati on
On 21 Lug, 14:04, Lutz Uhlmann <n...(a)invalid.invalid> wrote:
> > Users access by an application level, and the application level use
> > always the same user....
> > So I suppose I have to look at the connection by host.
> > 1) Is there a view to do this?
> > 2) It seems just an "empirical" solution. There is not an "official"
> > repository of the CALs?
>
> I think there is no official solution for tracking CALs.
>
> If you can say "one host, one user" then you can use the hosts to
> identify different users.
>
> Look at the following path - Database(master) - Views - System Views (?)
>
> SELECT * FROM [sys].[sysprocesses]
> SELECT * FROM [sys].[dm_exec_connections]
>
> Use the online help to understand the informations the views give you.

again, thanks a lot
bye
Alberto

Pages: 1