From: Candida on
I have a tracking sheet that is set up in excel07 and used to track an entire
project for capital equipment builds. The spreadsheet has columns A thru BA
and the number of rows are dependent on the number of parts within that
project. However, the headings are universal. My issue is that there are
crossfunctional groups using, and populating information into this sheet at
different times. Is there a way that I could implement a macro for views or
some way that I can identify columns viewed at the click of a button, so if I
click the "BUYER" button, I only see colums A(item#),
B(description),C(price), D(qty) (F)PO number, or if I click on "ENGINEER" I
only see A(item#), B(description),D(qty), E(Print #),G(rev level)?

Please help.

Candida
From: JLatham on
Yes, and you can pretty much do it by recording macros as you do the setup to
hide/display the various columns for each of your groups.

Once you've got the macros recorded (you'll probably want to start each one
off by selecting an entire row and then UNhiding all columns - and then begin
hiding the ones not needed by a group from there). Once you've got the
macros recorded, first thing I would do is to edit each of them, and put this
statement near the beginning of each:
Application.ScreenUpdating = False
that will accomplish 2 things: keep the screen from flickering annoyingly,
and make the unhide/hide very fast and pretty much invisible as it takes
place.

Ok, Then you either add buttons from the Forms toolbar or use the Text Box
object from the Drawing toolbar to create your buttons with. As you place
them on the sheet, you can right-click them and use "Assign Macro" to
associate the button with the appropriate macro for the group.