From: goonie on
I have a row of data that has strings of numbers / characters. Is there a way
to sort of the charaters whether they are at the beginning or end?

Example:
P224
24P
26A
28376A
A20958

I would like to sort by the Charater - when it either at the begining of the
string or end.

Thanks,
Kelly
From: Gary Brown on
You'll need a 'helper' column.
Let's assume your data is in Column A starting in cell A1.
In cell B1 put the following formula and then copy it down.
=IF(CODE(LEFT(A1,1))>CODE(RIGHT(A1,1)),LEFT(A1,1),RIGHT(A1,1))
Sort on Column B.

--
Hope this helps.
If it does, please click the Yes button.

From: goonie on
Worked Great - Thank You