From: Koni Kogan on
The tables in the publication and subscription dbs are identical. This
seems like an old bcp 'unreadable' characters problem... Anybody help?

Error messages:
The process could not bulk copy into table '"dbo"."eh_RetailSales"'.
(Source: MSSQL_REPL, Error number: MSSQL_REPL20037)
Get help: http://help/MSSQL_REPL20037
Field size too large
To obtain an error file with details on the errors encountered when
initializing the subscribing table, execute the bcp command that appears
below. Consult the BOL for more information on the bcp utility and its
supported options. (Source: MSSQLServer, Error number: 20253)
Get help: http://help/20253
bcp "DwStageSql4"."dbo"."eh_RetailSales" in
"e:\MSSQL\ReplData\unc\SQL5_EMIOPER_EMIOPER4DWSTAGE\20060530173785\eh_RetailSales_12#1.bcp"
-e "errorfile" -t"\n<x$3>\n" -r"\n<,@g>\n" -m10000 -SSQL6\Y -T -w
From: Hilary Cotter on
Did you try to bcp this in?

--
Hilary Cotter
Director of Text Mining and Database Strategy

This posting is my own and doesn't necessarily represent RelevantNoise's
positions, strategies or opinions.

Looking for a SQL Server replication book?
http://www.nwsu.com/0974973602.html

Looking for a FAQ on Indexing Services/SQL FTS
http://www.indexserverfaq.com

From: Koni Kogan on
Hilary Cotter wrote:

> Did you try to bcp this in?

Yes, i get the famous 'EOF' error.
From: Hilary Cotter on
This normally means you have different schemas on either side? Are they the
same?