From: Bill Sturdevant on
I work with Access 2007 as a front end to a SQL Server backend. I would like
to be able to select a file from my local desktop, then, through VBA/SQL
transfer the file to a folder on my server.

Or, store the file in a varBinary(MAX) column in a table, but then use a
SPROC to take the file out of the table and place it in a folder on the
server.

How can I do this?
--
Bill
From: "Patrick Jackman" pjackman at wimsey no spam on
The built-in VBA sub FileCopy() will allow you to copy a file from one
folder to another.

If you want to provide a dialog that allows a user to select the file then
have a look here:
http://www.mvps.org/access/api/api0001.htm

Patrick.

"Bill Sturdevant" <BillSturdevant(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:C2B7471C-817B-40CD-803C-B73D74537CBA(a)microsoft.com...
>I work with Access 2007 as a front end to a SQL Server backend. I would
>like
> to be able to select a file from my local desktop, then, through VBA/SQL
> transfer the file to a folder on my server.
>
> Or, store the file in a varBinary(MAX) column in a table, but then use a
> SPROC to take the file out of the table and place it in a folder on the
> server.
>
> How can I do this?
> --
> Bill