From: Sam on
Is there a link available for reservered words

Can a field be named GROUP
or is it a reservered word?

TIA

From: --CELKO-- on
GROUP is a reserved word and should not be used for a column (NOT
field) name. Besides that, it is also too vague -- group of what?

I can post a list of the ANSI/ISO words when I get home. It is pre3tty
long. Someone else will have a SQL Server list, I am sure.
From: Jay on
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa238507(SQL.80).aspx

From: Plamen Ratchev on
Yes, GROUP is reserved keyword. Here is the list:

Plamen Ratchev
http://www.SQLStudio.com
From: Tom Cooper on
GROUP is a reserved word. You can, but should not name a column GROUP. If
you do, you have to enclose it in brackets every time you reference it.
For example,

create table #t ([GROUP] int);
select [GROUP] from #t;

It's legal, but don't do it.