From: Dilip on
I have moved some shares from a DRIP account to a general brokerage
account. I am using Quicken 98 Deluxe; how do I do the move? It looks
like I can do a Stock Transfer Out and then a Stock Transfer In, but
these are separate transactions - how can I ensure that the cost
basis and purchase / sale history persists? Thanks.
From: Bartt on
On Apr 13, 12:32 am, Dilip <bar...(a)jhu.edu> wrote:
> I have moved some shares from a DRIP account to a general brokerage
> account. I am using Quicken 98 Deluxe; how do I do the move? It looks
> like I can do a Stock Transfer Out and then a Stock Transfer In, but
> these are separate transactions - how can I ensure that the cost
> basis  and purchase / sale history persists? Thanks.

I don't have a copy of Quicken 1998, but Quicken 2008 has an
investment account transaction type called "Shares Transferred Between
Accounts".

If Q '98 has that, it allows you to select specific lots, so I'm
assuming it will transfer the cost basis, too.