From: franktee on
Hi all
I know this is not the right place but need to start somewhere..
I need to translate an on line book from Spanish to English. Can someone
possibly direct me to the correct place. I am trying to avoid buying the
book.
Appreciate any helpful response
TIA
franktee
Winxp Pro. SP3. 57gb free
From: PA Bear [MS MVP] on
Got Google? http://translate.google.com/

From: Paul on
franktee wrote:
> Hi all
> I know this is not the right place but need to start somewhere..
> I need to translate an on line book from Spanish to English. Can someone
> possibly direct me to the correct place. I am trying to avoid buying the
> book.
> Appreciate any helpful response
> TIA
> franktee
> Winxp Pro. SP3. 57gb free

Another site you can try, for translations, is

babelfish.altavista.com

If the source site is presenting GIF or JPG images prepared
from a scan of the book, a translation web site will not
help you. You would need to do optical character recognition (OCR)
on the GIF or JPG image first, to get Spanish text, then use
one of the translation websites to convert that text.

Translation web sites may have a limit as to the amount of
text they will translate in one shot. In some cases, that
means translating the text in pieces, until the entire document
is translated.

Paul
From: sandy58 on
On Mar 19, 7:25 pm, franktee <frank...(a)discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:
> Hi all
> I know this is not the right place but need to start somewhere..
> I need to translate an on line book from Spanish to English. Can someone
> possibly direct me to the correct place. I am trying to avoid buying the
> book.
> Appreciate any helpful response
> TIA
> franktee
> Winxp Pro. SP3.  57gb free

There is no translator software that will translate from/to English
correctly. Just try a cheapo demo. Put in a short sentence,
translate...take the result and reverse it back. Do this a few times
and have a laugh. It is nothing like what you put in originally.
English is the odd European language. I use a Spanish/English
translator every day and still have to do the corrections to make
sense.
From: sandyj on
I think this one is the best one franktee... I use it to translate text and
webpages too.

http://translate.google.com/#

Sandy