From: Cameron Smith on
On Wed, Nov 11, 2009 at 1:23 PM, Noel Jones <njones(a)megan.vbhcs.org> wrote:

> On 11/11/2009 3:03 PM, Cameron Smith wrote:
>
>> I have a mail server on my lan and I want it to route mail sent from it
>> through my mail gateway. It was working with smtp and mail headers were
>> showing that route.
>>
>> Then I tried to move to smtps and I can send but the mail is no longer
>> routing to the gateway, it is sending directly from the mailserver.
>>
>> What do I need to change?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Cameron
>>

> [please don't top post]
>
> The standard postfix smtp client supports STARTTLS encryption automatically
> if postfix is built with TLS support.
>
> http://www.postfix.org/TLS_README.html#client_tls_levels
>
> If you're trying to use the deprecated smtps TLS wrappermode, postfix
> doesn't do that by itself. Here's a workaround:
> http://www.postfix.org/TLS_README.html#client_smtps
>
> -- Noel Jones

Thank you Noel,

TLS seems to be working now as I am getting this in my headers:

(using TLSv1 with cipher AES128-SHA (128/128 bits))
(No client certificate requested)
by mail.example.com (Postfix) with ESMTP id 6BA571A584FB

My original issue is still existing in that mail is no longer routing
through my mail gateway but is being sent directly from the mail server.

Any pointers in how to trouble shoot this?

Thank you,

Cameron
From: Eero Volotinen on

> My original issue is still existing in that mail is no longer routing
> through my mail gateway but is being sent directly from the mail server.
>

> Any pointers in how to trouble shoot this?

transport maps:

http://www.postfix.org/transport.5.html ,
http://www.nooblet.org/blog/2007/postfix-transport-maps-diverting-mail-traffic/

"smarthost":

http://embraceubuntu.com/2005/09/07/setting-a-smarthost-in-postfix/

and again:

http://www.postfix.org/STANDARD_CONFIGURATION_README.html

--
Eero

From: Cameron Smith on
On Wed, Nov 11, 2009 at 2:35 PM, Eero Volotinen <eero.volotinen(a)iki.fi>wrote:

> My original issue is still existing in that mail is no longer routing
>> through my mail gateway but is being sent directly from the mail server.
>>

>> Any pointers in how to trouble shoot this?
>>

> transport maps:
>
> http://www.postfix.org/transport.5.html ,
> http://www.nooblet.org/blog/2007/postfix-transport-maps-diverting-mail-traffic/
>
> "smarthost":