From: Cameron Smith on
Hello,

When entering smtp and smtps in transport I am getting an error:
postmap: warning: /etc/postfix/transport.db: duplicate entry: "example.com"

example.com smtp:[10.2.4.7]
example.com smtps:[10.2.4.7]

What is the correct syntax to have both?

Thank you,
Cameron
From: Noel Jones on
On 11/11/2009 2:53 PM, Cameron Smith wrote:
> Hello,
>
> When entering smtp and smtps in transport I am getting an error:
> postmap: warning: /etc/postfix/transport.db: duplicate entry:
> "example.com <http://example.com>"
>

> example.com <http://example.com> smtp:[10.2.4.7]
> example.com <http://example.com> smtps:[10.2.4.7]
>
> What is the correct syntax to have both?

You can't. What are you trying to solve?

-- Noel Jones

From: Victor Duchovni on
On Wed, Nov 11, 2009 at 12:53:05PM -0800, Cameron Smith wrote:

> Hello,
>
> When entering smtp and smtps in transport I am getting an error:
> postmap: warning: /etc/postfix/transport.db: duplicate entry: "example.com"
>

> example.com smtp:[10.2.4.7]
> example.com smtps:[10.2.4.7]
>
> What is the correct syntax to have both?

There is no such syntax. Each recipient address resolves to exactly
one transport. What do you expect "smtps" to do anyway? If you want
"STARTTLS", the "smtp" transport will do that either opportunistically,
or on a per-destination basis:

http://www.postfix.org/TLS_README.html#client_tls_levels
http://www.postfix.org/TLS_README.html#client_tls_policy
http://www.postfix.org/TLS_README.html#client_tls_may
http://www.postfix.org/TLS_README.html#client_tls_encrypt
http://www.postfix.org/TLS_README.html#client_tls_secure

--
Viktor.

From: Cameron Smith on
I have a mail server on my lan and I want it to route mail sent from it
through my mail gateway. It was working with smtp and mail headers were
showing that route.

Then I tried to move to smtps and I can send but the mail is no longer
routing to the gateway, it is sending directly from the mailserver.

What do I need to change?

Thanks,
Cameron

From: Noel Jones on
On 11/11/2009 3:03 PM, Cameron Smith wrote:
> I have a mail server on my lan and I want it to route mail sent from it
> through my mail gateway. It was working with smtp and mail headers were
> showing that route.
>
> Then I tried to move to smtps and I can send but the mail is no longer
> routing to the gateway, it is sending directly from the mailserver.
>
> What do I need to change?
>
> Thanks,
> Cameron

[please don't top post]

The standard postfix smtp client supports STARTTLS encryption
automatically if postfix is built with TLS support.
http://www.postfix.org/TLS_README.html#client_tls_levels

If you're trying to use the deprecated smtps TLS wrappermode,
postfix doesn't do that by itself. Here's a workaround:
http://www.postfix.org/TLS_README.html#client_smtps

-- Noel Jones