From: baron1211 on
On Apr 9, 5:35 pm, "Rich Matheisen [MVP]"
<richn...(a)rmcons.com.NOSPAM.COM> wrote:
> On Fri, 9 Apr 2010 16:23:30 -0700 (PDT), baron1211
>

> <res0e...(a)verizon.net> wrote:
> >I found a post about using transport rules to control the direction of
> >mail to specific address.  I have found alot if information and have
> >tried many of the solutions and all are failing on the recipient
> >address.  the address are all good address.  I can send to them from
> >inside and outside the orginization.  Below is the out put from the
> >Transport wizard.  Can some one see why this rule keeps failing on me?
>
> >Daryl

> >Elapsed time: 00:00:00
>
> >mail review
> >Failed
>
> >Error:
> >The specified recipient is invalid.
> >Parameter name: Address
>
> >Exchange Management Shell command attempted:
> >new-TransportRule -Name 'mail review' -Comments '' -Conditions
> >'Microsoft.Exchange.MessagingPolicies.Rules.Tasks.FromPredicate','Microsof­t.Exchange.MessagingPolicies.Rules.Tasks.SentToScopePredicate'
> >-Actions
> >'Microsoft.Exchange.MessagingPolicies.Rules.Tasks.AddToRecipientAction'
> >-Exceptions  -Enabled $true -Priority '0'
>
> >Elapsed Time: 00:00:00
>
> Post the Powershell commands you used to create the rule and all of
> its components.
> ---
> Rich Matheisen
> MCSE+I, Exchange MVP- Hide quoted text -

below is the test from when I try and create the rule. Hoep you see
something I can not.

Elapsed time: 00:00:00

Mail review
Failed

Error:
The specified recipient is invalid.
Parameter name: Address

Exchange Management Shell command attempted:
new-TransportRule -Name 'Mail review' -Comments '' -Conditions
'Microsoft.Exchange.MessagingPolicies.Rules.Tasks.FromPredicate','Microsoft..Exchange.MessagingPolicies.Rules.Tasks.SentToScopePredicate'
-Actions
'Microsoft.Exchange.MessagingPolicies.Rules.Tasks.RedirectMessageAction'
-Exceptions -Enabled $true -Priority '0'

Elapsed Time: 00:00:00

Thanks
Daryl
From: baron1211 on
On Apr 13, 6:42 pm, "Rich Matheisen [MVP]"
<richn...(a)rmcons.com.NOSPAM.COM> wrote:
> On Tue, 13 Apr 2010 14:39:52 -0700 (PDT), baron1211
>
> <res0e...(a)verizon.net> wrote:
>
>                                         [ snip ]
>
> >> Post the Powershell commands you used to create the rule and all of
> >> its components.
> >> ---
> >> Rich Matheisen
> >> MCSE+I, Exchange MVP- Hide quoted text -

> >below is the test from when I try and create the rule.  Hoep you see
> >something I can not.
>
> You haven't shown how you created the predicates
> (get-transportrulepredicate), exceptions (get-transportrulepredcate),
> or actions (get-transportruleaction), how you populated those objects,
> or the source for the new-transportrule cmdlet.
>
> While the results of running the new-transportrule might be
> interesting after knowing how the rule is constituted, by itself it's
> not of much value except to tell you there's a problem.
> ---
> Rich Matheisen
> MCSE+I, Exchange MVP

Thank you for the reply. I went back and did some real digging about
the creating a rule and found out I can create rule that will work
against a user in my environment, but when I try to create a rule that
will work against a mail enabled contact, it will fail on creation of
the rule. I am looking to create a rule that will control the mail
from a mail enabled contacts to anyone inside of my orginization. Is
this a possibility? I have not found anything that says I can not,
but nothing that says I can either. I hope I did a better job
explaining what I am trying to do.

Daryl