From: Xavier HUMBERT on
Hello, I make rather heavy use of transport_maps as explained in
<http://www.postfix.org/postconf.5.html#transport_maps> and in the
transport(5) section of the man pages.

Today I upgraded my dozen of servers to Postix 2.7 under FreeBSD 7.3,
and got the waring below :

> Note: the following files or directories still exist but are
> no longer part of Postfix:
>
> /usr/local/etc/postfix/transport

Nevertheless, I carefully read the 2.7 Release announcment, there's no
mention of such a suppression.

Does it mean that I *must* use another routing mechanism ?

Thanks,

--
Xavier

From: Noel Jones on
On 3/6/2010 8:29 AM, Xavier HUMBERT wrote:
> Hello, I make rather heavy use of transport_maps as explained in
> <http://www.postfix.org/postconf.5.html#transport_maps> and in the
> transport(5) section of the man pages.
>
> Today I upgraded my dozen of servers to Postix 2.7 under FreeBSD 7.3,
> and got the waring below :
>
>> Note: the following files or directories still exist but are
>> no longer part of Postfix:
>>
>> /usr/local/etc/postfix/transport
>
> Nevertheless, I carefully read the 2.7 Release announcment, there's no
> mention of such a suppression.
>
> Does it mean that I *must* use another routing mechanism ?
>
> Thanks,

That's just a note that the sample file is no longer supplied
by postfix.

You're still free to use that name, or any other valid
filename, for your local transport table.

-- Noel Jones

From: j debert on

From: mouss on
j debert a écrit :
> Noel Jones U“oøM~W_:
>> On 3/6/2010 8:29 AM, Xavier HUMBERT wrote:
>>> Hello, I make rather heavy use of transport_maps as explained in
>>> <http://www.postfix.org/postconf.5.html#transport_maps> and in the
>>> transport(5) section of the man pages.
>>>
>>> Today I upgraded my dozen of servers to Postix 2.7 under FreeBSD 7.3,
>>> and got the waring below :

note that it says "files or directories". Nobdoy would say so but a
script (a human knows if it's a file _or_ a directory). so this is an
automatic packaging script issue. (it reminds me of the old: let N be
the number of wheels in car. oh those mathematicians:).

look at the path. This is FreeBSD specific. In fact, the file now is under
/usr/local/etc/postfix/dist/
but please do not modify this one: create yours instead.

>>> Nevertheless, I carefully read the 2.7 Release announcment, there's no
>>> mention of such a suppression.
>>>
>>> Does it mean that I *must* use another routing mechanism ?

the reference is the documentation, not installation script messages.

> Perhaps that could be reworded to make it clear? As it is it does seem
> to mean that the transport table file is no longer supported. it is
> not ambiguous.

Please open a FreeBSD ports PR.