From: Gary S. Terhune on
That wasn't supposed to go out. Wasn't finished.

Thanks for the links at the bottom, I'll check them out when I'm not
swamped.

After a reboot, the icons appear to be behaving themselves.

--
Gary S. Terhune
MS-MVP Shell/User

From: Kelly on
Great! :o)

From: Gary S. Terhune on
Yes, well, until recently UPnP worked just fine and caused no problems. Now,
it is definitely the problem. Having thought about it, I don't think it was
SP3. That was too long ago. I think it was either installing Windows
Messenger 8.1 (upgrade from whatever comes in XPSP2), or some hacks I did to
allow me to offer RA to Vista users from this XP machine. (I already forget
what they were.) I suspect that in the case of Messenger, if installing it
was the cause of the problem, uninstalling it isn't going to help. Don't
think I'll even try as long as things keep working OK.

--
Gary S. Terhune
MS-MVP Shell/User