From: Kevin on
I'm trying to have a six month forcast of storage used on a server.

I have range D3:O3 as storage values assigned for 12 months
I have range D2:O2 as the date each of the storage values were pulled.

I would like to have a formula in cells p3,q3,r3,s3,t3,u3 that will give me
a forcast for 1 month out, 2 months etc.

Would I use the Trend formula for that?

Thanks,
Kevin Green
From: Glenn on
Kevin wrote:
> I'm trying to have a six month forcast of storage used on a server.
>
> I have range D3:O3 as storage values assigned for 12 months
> I have range D2:O2 as the date each of the storage values were pulled.
>
> I would like to have a formula in cells p3,q3,r3,s3,t3,u3 that will give me
> a forcast for 1 month out, 2 months etc.
>
> Would I use the Trend formula for that?
>
> Thanks,
> Kevin Green

Select P3:U3 and enter this array formula (commit with CTRL+SHIFT+ENTER):

=TREND(D3:O3,D2:O2,P3:U3)
From: Glenn on
Glenn wrote:
> Kevin wrote:
>> I'm trying to have a six month forcast of storage used on a server.
>>
>> I have range D3:O3 as storage values assigned for 12 months
>> I have range D2:O2 as the date each of the storage values were pulled.
>>
>> I would like to have a formula in cells p3,q3,r3,s3,t3,u3 that will
>> give me a forcast for 1 month out, 2 months etc.
>>
>> Would I use the Trend formula for that?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Kevin Green
>

> Select P3:U3 and enter this array formula (commit with CTRL+SHIFT+ENTER):
>
> =TREND(D3:O3,D2:O2,P3:U3)

Sorry, that wasn't quite right. P2:U2 should contain the future dates, and the
formula should be this:

=TREND(D3:O3,D2:O2,P2:U2)
From: Jim Thomlinson on
In P2 enter the next date. Add this formula to P3

=FORECAST(P$2, $D$3:$O$3, $D$2:$O$2)
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson