From: Christian Zietz on
Hi,

is there any way to programmically trick serenum.sys to detect a
(non-existing) device?

For debugging purposes I want to simulate the connection of a
plug-and-play serial device to a specific COM-port. Currently I'm using
a second computer and a serial cable to transmit the faked PnP-ID.

But is there a way that just makes serenum.sys think it has seen the
PnP-ID so that it starts the enumeration and driver
installation/activation process?

Christian
PS: Please note the x-post and the follow-up-to.
From: Eliyas Yakub [MSFT] on
Not unless you insert a filter driver between serenum and serial and respond
to enumeration queries by serenum to detect a device.

-Eliyas

From: Doron Holan [MS] on
you don't need a 2nd PC if you have 2 serial ports on the same machine. you
can connect them with a NULL modem cable and simulate the device locally.
This is how serenum was tested when it was originally written.

Please do not send e-mail directly to this alias. this alias is for
newsgroup purposes only.