From: Bwig Zomberi on
Garrett Smith wrote:
> On 2010-06-28 10:26 PM, Bwig Zomberi wrote:
>> Dr J R Stockton wrote:
>>> In comp.lang.javascript message<9203324.ljVUCQOuko(a)PointedEars.de>,
>>> Sun, 27 Jun 2010 11:16:59, Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn
>>> <PointedEars(a)web.de> posted:

>>> <FAQENTRY> An entry on Pointy-Head is needed, to explain the peculiar
>>> nature of his personality and the general invalidity of such of his
>>> opinions as are not traceable to ECMA-262.
>>>

> It's easy to point out flaws in others but you do your fair share of
> name-calling, and sometimes post occasional bible quotes.

True about namecalling. However, what he means as a joke is also
interpreted as an offensive sometimes.

>> It would be great if all CLJ regulars were covered and also mentioned
>> who generally picks on who. Maybe Garret could create a separate page
>> and link it in the FAQ.
>
> I've got better things to do with my time than figure out how to writ an
> objective autobiographical synopsis of "PointedEars".
>
> I'd rather see a document that inspires useful contribution and
> productive discussion and discourages time-wasting and drama games. But
> then, given a choice of what to do with my time, I'd rather focus just
> on technical material.
>
> The good thing about this NG is a double-edged sword: Anybody can say
> anything.
>
> To make a positive contribution, eliminate any name calling. Have a
> positive attitude about making a useful contribution. You don't have to
> write a bunch of niceties or anything.
>
> A proposal to an FAQ entry is a good contribution (even though I
> disagree with what was proposed that I am replying to). A technical code
> review would be another great contribution. That is something I've been
> working on, among other things, actually. When its done, I'd like to add
> a link to it from the FAQ. And that, to me, seems more valuable and
> worthwhile use of my time than writing about PointedEars.

As many of them seemed to pick on you, I thought you have plenty to
provide. Being an FAQ maintainer seems like a thankless job. I have felt
that they may be jealous because you are the maintainer and not them.

--
Bwig Zomberi
From: Laurent vilday on
Bwig Zomberi :
> It would be great if all CLJ regulars were covered and also mentioned
> who generally picks on who. Maybe Garret could create a separate page
> and link it in the FAQ.

OMG no ! Never ! Don't !

Do I really need to explain why such public files are horrible ?

--
laurent
From: Bwig Zomberi on
Laurent vilday wrote:
> Bwig Zomberi :
>> It would be great if all CLJ regulars were covered and also mentioned
>> who generally picks on who. Maybe Garret could create a separate page
>> and link it in the FAQ.
>
> OMG no ! Never ! Don't !
>
> Do I really need to explain why such public files are horrible ?

After visiting this newsgroup, I learned a lot of things. David Mark's
feature detection, useful stuff on Stockton's website, special effects
JS on Jorge's website and thing like that. While they individually seem
smart, their general disposition towards each other sometimes borders on
anti-social.

--
Bwig Zomberi
From: Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn on
Garrett Smith wrote:

> I'd rather see a document that inspires useful contribution and
> productive discussion and discourages time-wasting and drama games. But
> then, given a choice of what to do with my time, I'd rather focus just
> on technical material.

Still you should ask yourself whether you have acquired a misconception
about this newsgroup's FAQ, or FAQs in general. A FAQ is not meant to be
the tutorial that you apparently want it to be (as indicated by many of your
suggestions for "improvement"). An approach of "FAQ-as-FAQ-can" means
certain death for a newsgroup. For if everything was explained in a FAQ,
there is nothing left as original thought.

PointedEars
--
var bugRiddenCrashPronePieceOfJunk = (
) // Plone, register_function.js:16