From: Paul N on
I have a function in my program to hide all the pop-up windows apart
from the current one, and I created an accelerator for this, as
described in my (very old) Petzold book, as follows:

"^h", IDM_HIDE

This worked fine when I pressed control-H, but there was a snag. When
I pressed backspace, which was intended to move to an earlier note, it
would trigger the accelerator as well and so would move to the
previous note but also hide all the others. I couldn't find a way
round this, and at the time, changed the accelerator to be control-I
instead.

Now I have started using the TAB key more in my program, and am
finding that this is triggering the control-I accelerator!

I've had a quick look on MSDN and it seems that nowadays the syntax to
be used is:

"h", IDM_HIDE, VIRTKEY, CONTROL

Is this the correct syntax for a control+letter accelerator that will
work whether or not caps lock is on? And does it have any unexpected
clashes with other keys?

Thanks.
Paul.

Pages: 1