From: Peter Foldes on
Crossposted to the alt.comp.virus

--
Peter

http://www.microsoft.com/protect

From: David H. Lipman on
From: "Peter Foldes" <maci252211(a)hotmail.com>

>> When I run AVG Free it throws up this result

>> File:-
>> "C:\WINDOWS\system32\userinit.exe";
>> Infection:-
>> "Trojan horse Hiloti.AU"
>> Result:-
>> "Object is white-listed (critical/system file that should not be removed)"

>> I've never heard of "Object is white-listed "
>> AVG doesn't remove it lioke it does the other things it finds.

>> Any advice on what to do about this?

>> Running Windows WP plus the service packs etc

>> Roger C

I'm wondering if it is a detection on "Userinit.exe" set in
HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\Userinit or if the entry..

which should be...
Userinit = C:\WINDOWS\system32\userinit.exe,

is...
Userinit = C:\WINDOWS\system32\userinit.exe, malware_file

--
Dave

From: Aardvark on
On Mon, 21 Jun 2010 13:51:50 -0400, Peter Foldes wrote:

> Crossposted to the alt.comp.virus

What's that, your sig file, you top-posting fuckwit?

From: FromTheRafters on
:oD