From: trvlnmny on
I am using W XP and Q 10R9. When I start Q I no longer get to the
Startup Account I want. I do Edit > Preferences > Quicken Preferences
> Startup > On Startup Open. At the drop down menu at On Startup Open
I do not have a list of my accounts that I can select as the startup
account. What I do have is a list of the tabs such as Home, Banking,
Investing, Net Worth. This is all on my personal Q file. How can I fix
this?
I also have a second Q file for an organization I am treasurer of and
I do not have a problem with that file.
Thanks for any and all help.
From: John Pollard on
trvlnmny wrote:
> I am using W XP and Q 10R9. When I start Q I no longer get to the
> Startup Account I want. I do Edit > Preferences > Quicken Preferences
>> Startup > On Startup Open. At the drop down menu at On Startup Open
> I do not have a list of my accounts that I can select as the startup
> account. What I do have is a list of the tabs such as Home, Banking,
> Investing, Net Worth. This is all on my personal Q file. How can I fix
> this?
> I also have a second Q file for an organization I am treasurer of and
> I do not have a problem with that file.

First: View > Classic Menus

Then select your startup account in Quicken Preferences.

--

John Pollard
Your source of user-to-user Quicken help

From: trvlnmny on
On Jun 23, 5:13 pm, "John Pollard" <8plus7...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> trvlnmny wrote:
> > I am using W XP and Q 10R9. When I start Q I no longer get to the
> > Startup Account I want. I do Edit > Preferences > Quicken Preferences
> >> Startup > On Startup Open. At the drop down menu at On Startup Open
> > I do not have a list of my accounts that I can select as the startup
> > account. What I do have is a list of the tabs such as Home, Banking,
> > Investing, Net Worth. This is all on my personal Q file. How can I fix
> > this?
> > I also have a second Q file for an organization I am treasurer of and
> > I do not have a problem with that file.
>
> First:  View > Classic Menus
>
> Then select your startup account in Quicken Preferences.
>
> --
>
> John Pollard
> Your source of user-to-user Quicken help

John,
Thank you, that did it.
From: charliec on
>On Wed, 23 Jun 2010 16:13:26 -0500, "John Pollard" <8plus7isf(a)gmail.com> wrote:

>trvlnmny wrote:
>> I am using W XP and Q 10R9. When I start Q I no longer get to the
>> Startup Account I want. I do Edit > Preferences > Quicken Preferences
>>> Startup > On Startup Open. At the drop down menu at On Startup Open
>> I do not have a list of my accounts that I can select as the startup
>> account. What I do have is a list of the tabs such as Home, Banking,
>> Investing, Net Worth. This is all on my personal Q file. How can I fix
>> this?
>> I also have a second Q file for an organization I am treasurer of and
>> I do not have a problem with that file.
>
>First: View > Classic Menus
>
>Then select your startup account in Quicken Preferences.

I was following this message line, but, in Quicken 2010, I do not see
an option for Classic Menus on the View drop down menu. What am I
missing? Just trying to educate myself!

Charliec
From: John Pollard on
charliec(a)email.com wrote:
>> On Wed, 23 Jun 2010 16:13:26 -0500, "John Pollard" wrote
>
>> trvlnmny wrote:
>>> I am using W XP and Q 10R9. When I start Q I no longer get to the
>>> Startup Account I want. I do Edit > Preferences > Quicken
>>> Preferences
>>> I do not have a list of my accounts that I can select as the startup
>>> account. What I do have is a list of the tabs such as Home, Banking,
>>> Investing, Net Worth. This is all on my personal Q file. How can I
>>> fix this?
>>> I also have a second Q file for an organization I am treasurer of
>>> and I do not have a problem with that file.

>> First: View > Classic Menus
>>
>> Then select your startup account in Quicken Preferences.

> I was following this message line, but, in Quicken 2010, I do not see
> an option for Classic Menus on the View drop down menu.
> What am I missing?

I think that means you already have Classic Menus selected and you have
chosen some option that is only available when Classic Menus are selected
.... such as the subject of this discussion.

If you look at

Edit > Preferences > Quicken Preferences > Navigation

I'm guessing you'll see the option for Classic Menus selected ... and
greyed out.