From: vmast5 on
Hello,
I am in dire need of help. I just bought the book:Web Database Applications with PHP and MySQL by Hugh E. Williams and David Lane and I have meticulously followed the instructions in the back of book. I have installed the PEAR package HTML_Template_IT in C:\progra~1\easyph~1\php\pear\pear.bat and I have edited the file c:\Program Files\EasyPHP1-7\apache\php.ini by changing the include_path to include_path = ".;c:\Program Files\EasyPHP1-7\php\pear\pear" exactly as the book instructs.

Yet when I open my browser using http://localhost/example.php, I get the error messages:
Warning: main(HTML/Template/IT.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in c:\program files\easyphp1-7\www\example.php on line 2
Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required 'HTML/Template/IT.php' (include_path='.;c:\php4\pear') in c:\program files\easyphp1-7\www\example.php on line 2

Please tell me what I am doing wrong and what to do to fix this problem.

Thanks,
Valerie Akutu
From: Justin Patrin on
On Thu, 03 Mar 2005 19:05:09 +0000, vmast5(a)comcast.net
<vmast5(a)comcast.net> wrote:
> Hello,
> I am in dire need of help. I just bought the book:Web Database Applications with PHP and MySQL by Hugh E. Williams and David Lane and I have meticulously followed the instructions in the back of book. I have installed the PEAR package HTML_Template_IT in C:\progra~1\easyph~1\php\pear\pear.bat and I have edited the file c:\Program Files\EasyPHP1-7\apache\php.ini by changing the include_path to include_path = ".;c:\Program Files\EasyPHP1-7\php\pear\pear" exactly as the book instructs.
>
> Yet when I open my browser using http://localhost/example.php, I get the error messages:
> Warning: main(HTML/Template/IT.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in c:\program files\easyphp1-7\www\example.php on line 2
> Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required 'HTML/Template/IT.php' (include_path='.;c:\php4\pear') in c:\program files\easyphp1-7\www\example.php on line 2
>
> Please tell me what I am doing wrong and what to do to fix this problem.

Use phpinfo() to see where the php.ini file actually is. You can see
from the error that your change isn't showing up.

BTW, did you restart apache / IIS? You need to restart it after
changing the php.ini.

--
Justin Patrin