From: Douglas J Livesey on
Hallo -- I have a problem trying to use PEAR::DB. When I include it in my
script and then try to connect with it, I get the following error:

Compile Error: PEAR.php line 769 - Cannot redeclare _pear_call_destructors()
(previously declared in C:\php\PEAR\PEAR.php:736)

Stepping through the code, I can see that my require_once('DB.php') in turn
requires PEAR.php once, with no problem. But when I step through the code
called by the attempt at connection, it falls over when another
require_once('PEAR.php') is called. It was my understanding that
require_once() should circumvent this kind of problem, but I am rather new
to PHP, so could have that in error.
Also, I get alot of deprecated warnings (presumably because I'm using PHP5),
but I don't know if that's relevant.
Can anyone shed any light on what I should do about this?
Thanks alot,
doug.
From: Firman Wandayandi on
On Thu, 03 Mar 2005 11:47:54 +0000, Douglas J Livesey
<biot023(a)hotmail.com> wrote:
> Hallo -- I have a problem trying to use PEAR::DB. When I include it in my
> script and then try to connect with it, I get the following error:
>
> Compile Error: PEAR.php line 769 - Cannot redeclare _pear_call_destructors()
> (previously declared in C:\php\PEAR\PEAR.php:736)
>
> Stepping through the code, I can see that my require_once('DB.php') in turn
> requires PEAR.php once, with no problem. But when I step through the code
> called by the attempt at connection, it falls over when another
> require_once('PEAR.php') is called. It was my understanding that
> require_once() should circumvent this kind of problem, but I am rather new
> to PHP, so could have that in error.
> Also, I get alot of deprecated warnings (presumably because I'm using PHP5),
> but I don't know if that's relevant.
> Can anyone shed any light on what I should do about this?
> Thanks alot,
> doug.

Can you include the codes here?

--
Firman Wandayandi .:: OrangEnigmA : Never Dreamt Before ::.

Pages: 1
Next: Trouble installing PEAR on Windows