From: Alice on
How can I maintain the "date modified" information? It seems to updating this anytime I access or simply print the document. It is doing this even when I say "no" to saving changes. Since the details have "date accessed" and "date modified" should it not follow that definition. Does anyone know how I can keep modified the date modified to change only WHEN I truly modify it?

HANDLING BINARY AND TEXT DATA IN XML OVER THE WIRE
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/af45b9e6-4b0e-4cc2-a071-c05dd05ba1fd/handling-binary-and-text.aspx
From: Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] on
<Alice Fatzinger> wrote in message

> How can I maintain the "date modified" information? It seems to updating
> this anytime I access or
> simply print the document. It is doing this even when I say "no" to saving
> changes. Since the details have
> "date accessed" and "date modified" should it not follow that definition.
> Does anyone know how I can
> keep modified the date modified to change only WHEN I truly modify it?

Care to explain what this has to do with Outlook?
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

From: plgem on
I am having this trouble in Outlook. I created an item by selecting multiple
contacts and it changed the Modified date to today. i didnt modify anything.
Does Outlook have an "accessed" field for Contacts anywhere. 2007.

From: Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] on
"plgem" <plgem(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

>I am having this trouble in Outlook. I created an item by selecting multiple
> contacts and it changed the Modified date to today. i didnt modify
> anything.
> Does Outlook have an "accessed" field for Contacts anywhere. 2007.

I believe that not all of the actions Outlook takes on an item that can modify
it are documented. Microsoft says that the following actions update the
modified date: forwarding, replying (individually and to all), editing and
saving, and moving or copying under certain conditions. I don't believe
Outlook items have a "date accessed" field or, at least I can't find one.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]