From: Ernst Guckel on
Hello,

I have a simple inventory database that has a many to many relationship
with another table via a joining table...

InventoryID
HardwareID
HardwareConnectionID

These are in the join table

HardwareID is an ID for floppy, cdrom, etc
HardwareConnectionID is an ID for USB, Internal, etc.

what I am trying to do is create a record entry that either says ie "USB
CD-ROM Added" or "CD-ROM changed from USB to Internal" depending on weather
the record has been added or changed. Normally when I want to check if a
record exists I use a dlookup on the ID and if it returns Null then its a new
record but I am having trouble determining if the record exists because it is
ALL three (InventoryID, HardwareID, and HardwareConnectionID) that determines
if the record is new or being changed...

Can anyone help me with this? an example if..then would be great...

Thanks,
Ernst.