From: Husker on

I followed your posts in here and game developer as I was having the same
troubles. I was having all the same troubles. This is how I got my code to
compile and build:

WDK version 7600.16385.0
Windows 7 SDK (v7.0)
Visual Studio 2008 (haven't tried Express yet)

Used Jan Axelson's code (usbhidioc)
Ordered and added include files as instructed in gamedev.net. (SDK first and
WDK last)

I didn't add any headers like wdm.h or otherwise to the code, and I didn't
find success until I added the C:\WinDDK\7600.16385.0\lib\wxp\i386 to the end
of VC++ directories->Library Files. I'm assuming that the directory you
choose will be related to OS, as I am building for XP, I used wxp.

I hope this helps you and anybody else struggling with this issue.

From: ChristopherPepper1989 on
Hi Husker, thanks for your reply to this thread i had actually discovered a
solution, i didnt have the windows MSDN SDK installed, after looking at
adeyblues (gamedev) set up i decided to install it and order things in the
way he had and everything worked =] i have been busy playing around with the
wii since and havent got round to posting a thank you. I didnt realose that
WDK needed the MSDN SDK to work, it seemed a little odd to me, but owel! now
for some fun with the wiimote!!!

-Chris