From: Carlos Lorenzo Matés on
Hi.

El Viernes, 25 de Enero de 2008, Jay Santillan escribió:
> Greetings,
>
> We are currently experiencing logon problems with a trusted domain user(s).
>
> Example: We have DomainA and DomainB
> DomainA and DomainB both have workstations joined on their respective
> domain.
> DomainA and DomainB both have trust relationships. DomainA trusts DomainB
> and vise versa.
> DomainA is where being served by a Samba PDC, while DomainB has a PDC using
> Windows NT 4.0 Server

We have a similar problem

We are unable to estabilish a full bi directional trust between an NT domain
and a smaba domain

we can make the NT to trust the samba, but not in the reverse, the samba is
not able to estabilish the trust with the NT

in version 3.0.24 this make not much trouble as the system seems to work like
the trust is correctly established, but in 3.0.25 through 3.0.28 does not
work, and makes the samba browsing to lag continuously

when we make

net rpc trustdom establish NTDOMAIN ntpassword

the system says that the trust could not be verified

when we make

net rpc trustdom list

the system says

trusted domains

NTDOMAIN
none

trusting domains

NTDOMAIN

from the NT the trust seems to be estabilished

but the reality is that the NT server is unable to browse the samba shares
without entering a true samba user and password

where you able to set the trust right?

thanks

--
Un saludo.

Carlos Lorenzo Matés.
clmates AT mundo-r DOT com
From: Thorkil Olesen on
Carlos Lorenzo Matés <clmates <at> mundo-r.com> writes:

> We are unable to estabilish a full bi directional trust between an NT domain
> and a smaba domain
>
> we can make the NT to trust the samba, but not in the reverse, the samba is
> not able to estabilish the trust with the NT

Try to manually authenticate a user from the NT-domain at the samba-server using
wbinfo -a

If that succeeds then try to access a samba-share with that user.

It will not solve the problem, but it may point out where the problem is.

--
Thorkil Olesen.

Hi.

El Viernes, 25 de Enero de 2008, Thorkil Olesen escribió:
> Carlos Lorenzo Matés <clmates <at> mundo-r.com> writes:
> > We are unable to estabilish a full bi directional trust between an NT
> > domain and a smaba domain
> >
> > we can make the NT to trust the samba, but not in the reverse, the samba
> > is not able to estabilish the trust with the NT
>
> Try to manually authenticate a user from the NT-domain at the samba-server
> using wbinfo -a
>
> If that succeeds then try to access a samba-share with that user.
>
> It will not solve the problem, but it may point out where the problem is.

how? log in a shell in the samba server and use wbinfo -a from there?

i'll try this on monday.

Many Thanks

--
Un saludo.

Carlos Lorenzo Matés.
clmates AT mundo-r DOT com
From: Jay Santillan on
Greetings!

To check trustdomains, i used the following to check:

[root(a)aphrodite ~]# net rpc trustdom list -U Administrator
Password:
Trusted domains list:

RLDP_DESIGN3 S-1-5-21-1368937059-1125409327-331614939
RLDP_NT S-1-5-21-835351122-509441910-1850952788
none

Trusting domains list:

RLDP_NT S-1-5-21-835351122-509441910-1850952788
RLDP_DESIGN3 S-1-5-21-1368937059-1125409327-331614939

Then, i also tried wbinfo -a, if samba could authenticate trusted
domain users properly.

[root(a)aphrodite ~]# wbinfo -a rldp_nt\\jay%secret
plaintext password authentication succeeded
challenge/response password authentication succeeded

It seems to be running ok.
I tried to set debug level to 10 and tried to look at the log files.
I may have found something.

On the logfile, the profile path, logon script and dir drive seems to be blank.
I suspect that these might be the problem.
If this is, any ideas what might have caused it?

[2008/01/25 21:58:44, 10] passdb/pdb_get_set.c:pdb_set_logon_script(626)
pdb_set_logon_script: setting logon script , was default.bat
[2008/01/25 21:58:44, 10] passdb/pdb_get_set.c:pdb_set_profile_path(649)
pdb_set_profile_path: setting profile path , was
\\aphrodite\profiles\RLDP_NT\jay
[2008/01/25 21:58:44, 10] passdb/pdb_get_set.c:pdb_set_homedir(696)
pdb_set_homedir: setting home dir , was \\aphrodite\home\RLDP_NT\jay
[2008/01/25 21:58:44, 10] passdb/pdb_get_set.c:pdb_set_dir_drive(672)
pdb_set_dir_drive: setting dir drive , was G:

thanks

regards,
Jay
Hi.

El Viernes, 25 de Enero de 2008, Thorkil Olesen escribió:
> Carlos Lorenzo Matés <clmates <at> mundo-r.com> writes:
> > We are unable to estabilish a full bi directional trust between an NT
> > domain and a smaba domain
> >
> > we can make the NT to trust the samba, but not in the reverse, the samba
> > is not able to estabilish the trust with the NT
>
> Try to manually authenticate a user from the NT-domain at the samba-server
> using wbinfo -a
>
> If that succeeds then try to access a samba-share with that user.
>
> It will not solve the problem, but it may point out where the problem is.

I have logged in the samba server as root and tried this

myserver:~ # wbinfo -a clorenzo%myrealpassword
plaintext password authentication failed
error code was NT_STATUS_INVALID_HANDLE (0xc0000008)
error messsage was: Invalid handle
Could not authenticate user clorenzo%myrealpassword with plaintext password
challenge/response password authentication failed
error code was NT_STATUS_INVALID_HANDLE (0xc0000008)
error messsage was: Invalid handle
Could not authenticate user clorenzo with challenge/response

And if i try logged as my user it says

clorenzo(a)myserver:~> wbinfo -a clorenzo%myrealpassword
plaintext password authentication failed
error code was NT_STATUS_INVALID_HANDLE (0xc0000008)
error messsage was: Invalid handle
Could not authenticate user clorenzo%myrealpassword with plaintext password
challenge/response password authentication failed
error code was NT_STATUS_ACCESS_DENIED (0xc0000022)
error messsage was: winbind client not authorized to use
winbindd_pam_auth_crap. Ensure permissions
on /var/lib/samba/winbindd_privileged are set correctly.
Could not authenticate user clorenzo with challenge/response

wbinfo -u and wbinfo -g gets right the list of users and groups from the NT
domain

Thanks

--
Un saludo.